Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

I love Jerry's hat. Almost don't recognize him without the beard.
In the early days his persona was that of "Capt. Magic".

2hxm4q8.jpg

10y1lwz.jpg

GREAT shot !!!

oh the sounds that were created in that building ... my my my ...

No kidding, and they're still making music there. Wexler was a genius.

hell yeah!

Bama you seein' this ????

Yeah, moon those are beauties. Ernest wore some showstoppers. The word is Ernest is the one that introduced Hank to the world of custom made boots by taking him into Dixon cowboy boots in Texas. The story goes that Dixon, known as a grumpy b@&$)(d, got upset when Hank started going through every box in the store, leaving them strewn about and boxes open. Earnest appeased the situation by telling Dixon that "this boys got some hit records and a pocket full of cash, just looking for a place to spend it." Dixon made a number of boots for Hank after that.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
No kidding, and they're still making music there. Wexler was a genius.

Yeah, moon those are beauties. Ernest wore some showstoppers. The word is Ernest is the one that introduced Hank to the world of custom made boots by taking him into Dixon cowboy boots in Texas. The story goes that Dixon, known a s grumpy b@&$)(d, got upset when Hank started going through every box in the store, leaving them strewn about and boxes open. Earnest appeased the situation by telling Dixon that "this boys got some hit records and a pocket full of cash, just looking for a place to spend it." Dixon made a number of boots for Hank after that.

I believe I read that story in a book ... not sure if it was a Tubb book or a Hank Williams book

great story

... and I would bet a jar of pickles that Ernest Tubb pic was taken quite a bit before 1975

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
You could put that rhythm section in the bathroom and they'd sound great.

dude... Roger Hawkins is one of the most bad ass drummers that no one has ever heard of

go look at the list of songs he played on that came out of that studio

he is what we call in the business a Mother F#$%er!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
listen to Roger lay down the law right here ... if you can listen to this groove and not make a face like you smell some rotten eggs then I don't know what to tell you

bad ass!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sirteen