Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

love Bun!!!!!

and he has one of the largest vintage drum collections in the world

Wow, that was great. You must have to take a cold shower after watching that. I've only seen Cheap Trick twice, though they are one of my faves. The first opening up for Blackmore's Rainbow about the time of Heaven Tonight, the second in 2010 - Daxx was behind the kit that night. Bun and Don Brewer are the only drummers I've seen that wear gloves when they play.

I have that same hat. I liked it because it reminded me of those from the '30s.

There were a couple on the Bay a several months ago. First I'd seen them - that's not saying much, however.

Last edited:

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Wow, that was great. You must have to take a cold shower after watching that. I've only seen Cheap Trick twice, though they are one of my faves. The first opening up for Blackmore's Rainbow about the time of Heaven Tonight, the second in 2010 - Dazz was behind the kit that night. Bun and Don Brewer are the only drummers I've seen that wear gloves when they play.

seen Cheap Trick every chance I've ever gotten ... one of my favorites

any time I hear "He's a Whore" I'm immediately a teenager and I feel like wrecking whatever room I'm in

love love love Cheap trick

If I haven't already stated it, my first three jobs as a teen were in local record stores/head shops. We wore In Color out in the first store I worked at.

It's interesting that Carlos, Nielson, and Petersson are all collectors and aficionados of their respective instruments. Petersson is even credited with "inventing" the 12-string bass.

I guess Zander collects microphones? :p

And just to keep on topic, here's Robin wearing a hat.
Picture18.jpg

We won't get into Rick's hats, though.

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
If I haven't already stated it, my first three jobs as a teen were in local record stores/head shops. We wore In Color out in the first store I worked at.

It's interesting that Carlos, Nielson, and Petersson are all collectors and aficionados of their respective instruments. Petersson is even credited with "inventing" the 12-string bass.

I guess Zander collects microphones? :p

And just to keep on topic, here's Robin wearing a hat.
View attachment 47346

We won't get into Rick's hats, though.
I never miss 'em. I took my kid to see them when he was six y.o., and we got there early and sat in the front row. The whole time they were on Nielson was flicking guitar picks at my kid. He went nuts and still has them. Gotta love a band like that.

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
Posting this here because I'm far to lazy to dig around previous posts, and the pic was taken at a philanthropic event including members from the Hollywood Vampires. So, technically this is a post about a "musician."

Depp has been sporting this lid throughout 2016, and it seems to be the new number one in his rotation. Any guesses for make, model and era?

JDepp_2016 Hat.jpg

He's also been wearing his brown OR-style lid in 2016 again. His vintage grey Whippet (the one with the constantly expanding hole in its crown) seems to have finally bit the dust.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
the brown thin ribbon I believe is a vintage Borsalino
this one looks like a Stratoliner
impossible to tell the era for sure ... I'd guess 40s based on the way the felt seems to handle and mold

Alice Cooper looking especially interested in whatever they are doing to that girl

ConsiderMeMilesDavis

One of the Regulars
the brown thin ribbon I believe is a vintage Borsalino
this one looks like a Stratoliner
impossible to tell the era for sure ... I'd guess 40s based on the way the felt seems to handle and mold

Alice Cooper looking especially interested in whatever they are doing to that girl

Installing hearing aids for folks in Brazil. You of all people should appreciate that!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred