Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

Michael R.

Call Me a Cab
I must have seen Joe "King" Carrasco a dozen times in high school. First guy I ever saw "crowd surfing" in person. Still got some on vinyl tucked away somewhere.
He was and is Crazy , I'm sure . I don't know why I remember that Nut and his Crazy Songs .

My Man ... Loved : Live at Gruene Hall , and All the others ...

th

Thinking of Fuzzy Hats (Mm25 and Joao , and Larry Mahan). I beat he would be a barrel of laughs to hang with . Jerry Jeff Walker : Mr Bojangles , LA Freeway , I knew a Lady in Texas , Pickup Truck Song , and a whole bunch more than I can remember . I think of Gruene TX and Gruene Hall and Jerry Jeff , frontwards , backwards , and sideways . San Marcus I always think of George Strait , he kept his tour buses there , and I saw them pull in and him drive up in a Porche 911 , and his manager in another one , one was Black and the other Dark Green I think . I think it used to be a Phillips 66 Truck Stop , I believe , or a 76 , on the east side of I-35 . Loved Does Fort Worth Ever Cross Your Mind , and Amarillo By Morning , and about All of his , too . He played at Gruene Hall , also , along with just about everybody . That is one Cool Place , my personal Favorite .

tropicalbob

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Carrasco was fantastic! I saw him at a club once where, in the middle of a guitar break, he jumpled off the stage and walked across the table-tops from one end of the room to the other. His songs were also the kind you walked around singing to yourself for days on end. I was in the middle of a seminar at the university once and all I could think of was, "Taco, taco, taco, taco, taco, taco, taco!"

Short Balding Guy

I'll Lock Up
I was listening to music doing some outside chores this morning. I was listening to recordings of the band Legends, (1997 toured major jazz festivals in Europe and included Clapton and Sample). Great music! I was curious about the musicians and have been enjoying reading about Marcus Miller (best known for bass as well as sax/clarinet). Modern music streaming lacks liners or album notes and after looking for more info - lo and behold he is famous for his signature pork pie hat.

i-NdTxcTJ-M.jpg

i-NnWB85P.jpg

i-R4Bsph9-M.jpg

Got a bunch of hot jazz to listen to. Prolific musician and I have a lot to listen to.

Best, Eric -

Reactions: RJR

parispal

Familiar Face
Ever heard of David Olney, here with his sidekick Sergio Webb? A songwriter and performaer in his own right, Olney's songs have been covered by Emmylou Harris, Steve Young, Linda Rondstadt and many more. Plus, he's good friend and a hat lover;)

rochester_house_concert-_david_olney_and_sergio_webb.jpg

Jerusalem Tomorrow

Same song by Emmylou Harris

Last edited:

Joao Encarnado

I'll Lock Up
Ever heard of David Olney, here with his sidekick Sergio Webb? A siongwriter and performaer in his own right, Olney's songs have been covered by Emmylou Harris, Steve Young, Linda Rondstadt. and many more. Plus, he's good friend and a hat lover;)
Nice looking western!

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Just checked a couple of Youtube vids. Me likey.

Edit: But now that I look around...do they still exist?

no idea ... don't think so ... they were poppin' a while ago

I remember they were a big deal around Boston when I lived there from '01 - '04 and they were a big deal at SXSW in 2006 ... I thin kit was 2006 ... somewhere around there

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred