Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Musician's hats

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
Lynyrd+Skynyrd+02.jpg
Tom-Petty.jpg

cheers1.jpg

Florida boys can rock and wear hats too!

I know a guy in California who has Ronnie Van Zants hat ... he bought it at an auction in the early 90s for like 3 grand

his wife and brother have been trying to get it from him for over 20 years and have taken all sorts of legal action

I held it once ... it was too small for me ;)

this is the hat that my buddy Tim has .... they have actually threatened his life ... hahahaha

this is a kick ass show by the way ... you should check it out

I was in college in FL in the 70's. Got to see the CDB, Buffett, and ZZ Top in concerts. Sadly, Skynyrd's plane went down before I ever got the chance to see them in concert.
That concert you posted was only 3 months before the accident.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I was in college in FL in the 70's. Got to see the CDB, Buffett, and ZZ Top in concerts. Sadly, Skynyrd's plane went down before I ever got the chance to see them in concert.

one band I wish I could have seen was that Skynyrd line up

that band was just killin' man ... and they worked their asses off to earn the success they eventually received

just awesome ... I'll always love those first few records

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
A Jersey boy with some love for Southern rock. I admire you more every day, moon.

I was raised in a house full of hunters and guns ... whiskey and beer.... cowboy boots and hats .... parents who went line dancing every weekend at a place called the Yellow Rose ... David Allen Coe, Hank Sr. Hank Jr. George Jones, Waylon Jennings , Slim Whitman, Ernest Tubb, Johnny Cash , Charlie Pride, Willie Nelson on and on and on were always cranking in the house ....
those are my roots

Skynyrd was an enormous inspiration for a young musician
Artimus Pyle was one of the first drummers I tried to emulate as a kid

all that music was and is huge for me

I was raised in a house full of hunters and guns ... whiskey and beer.... cowboy boots and hats .... parents who went line dancing every weekend at a place called the Yellow Rose ... David Allen Coe, Hank Sr. Hank Jr. George Jones, Waylon Jennings , Slim Whitman, Ernest Tubb, Johnny Cash , Charlie Pride, Willie Nelson on and on and on were always cranking in the house ....
those are my roots

Skynyrd was an enormous inspiration for a young musician
Artimus Pyle was one of the first drummers I tried to emulate as a kid

all that music was and is huge for me
You are the Man!!!

I know a guy in California who has Ronnie Van Zants hat ... he bought it at an auction in the early 90s for like 3 grand

his wife and brother have been trying to get it from him for over 20 years and have taken all sorts of legal action

I held it once ... it was too small for me ;)

I have heard Ronnie's widow can be quite litigious.

The one and only time I was fortunate to see that lineup was in April of that year - they rocked.

one band I wish I could have seen was that Skynyrd line up

that band was just killin' man ... and they worked their asses off to earn the success they eventually received

just awesome ... I'll always love those first few records

While they are considered a Southern Rock band, they had undeniable blues roots and took a lot of inspiration from 60s English blues-based rock (which, in turn, was inspired by southern blues, of course). They get pigeonholed as a "redneck" southern band. But their skill and musicianship were high end. Gaines was going to be a guitar god if he'd lived. And yes, they worked it.

moontheloon

I'll Lock Up
I have heard Ronnie's widow can be quite litigious.

While they are considered a Southern Rock band, they had undeniable blues roots and took a lot of inspiration from 60s English blues-based rock (which, in turn, was inspired by southern blues, of course). They get pigeonholed as a "redneck" southern band. But their skill and musicianship were high end. Gaines was going to be a guitar god if he'd lived. And yes, they worked it.

yes she can

and yes they were the realest of deals ... and those tools who yell "Free Bird" at random concerts will never understand how much of a real deal they were

.... and they would kick someones ass as well :)

and yes they were the realest of deals ... and those tools who yell "Free Bird" at random concerts will never understand how much of a real deal they were

.... and they would kick someones ass as well

The only time true fans, at least those of us down here, want to hear "Freebird" is never and "Sweet Home Alabama" is when the Crimson Tide is playing a home football game.

yes she can

.... and they would kick someones ass as well :)

I'm Old School. I still yell, "Whipping Post!"

I have some 35mm slides from a Skynyrd concert that I have no recollection attending. It has puzzled me for years.

I told folks for many years I'd only seen the Kinks once. Last year, going through my concert ticket archive, I discovered I'd seen them three times. And I'm usually the one telling my friends, "Yes, you saw XXX. You went with me." But then, when you've run into the hundreds, I guess a few will slip through your synapses and neurons...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo