Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

mustard's no good without roast beef

dnjan

One Too Many
If a half-meter-long wurst is only 12 inches after the conversion from deutchmark to euro, then the Germans really got screwed when they gave up their currency.

Actually, I agree that I should have used a metric length. However, a 30-cm sausage just didn't sound the same as a foot-long.

I'll be back there next September. Can't wait for the sausage vendors at the street markets ...

maff2k

New in Town
John in Covina said:
I have had some English "style" sausages made locally but to made to the traditional receipe and they were fabulous. As mention previously quality ingredients make for better sausage. I am sure that often small private sausagers (what is the word for sausage maker?)

Being English the only term for sausage maker I know would be a "butcher". To be called a sausage it most contain a certain percentage of meat. "Bangers" as far as I know are not subject to this rule. Usually a sausage contains breadcrumbs and occasionally herbs and spices to and flavour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24