Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero Board Race/Seven Fit Pics

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Here are some fit photos of the fit jacket I received from Carrie at TB.
It is an Aero Board Racer size 40 in brown CXL steer hide:
Back: 25.75inches
Front: 21.75 inches
Arms: 26.25 inches
P2P: 21.75 inches
I'm 5'6.5" in height and weigh 156lbs.
The steer hide is very substantial with deep colour and wonderful grain. I seems not as stiff as my FQHH half belt when it was new.
I really like the fit in the shoulders and chest area. The jacket feels snug but very comfortable and not restricting for a slim fitting jacket. My caveat with the fit jacket is that I find the body length and sleeves a bit long for my body habitus.
Anyways, here are the fit photos (pardon my half asleep face :)
Tell me what you think:

Im planning on ordering an Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza

Cheers

RG

ykurtz

One of the Regulars
Agree with your assessment: shoulders and chest fit looks good, arms and body are too long. Shortening the body and arms are standard adjustments. Looking forward to seeing your customized jacket.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
if you don't ride that roomy lower back can be trimmed too, would be easy since it has center seam on the back, would be useful if you're leaning forward to reach clip on steering, but if not used that way would be much neater with trimmer lower back.

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I concur with what others have said: Upper body (chest and shoulders) looks good. Shorten body and sleeves. Maybe taper lower body a bit. The nitty-gritty though is exactly how much to adjust each parameter so you don't look like you were poured into the jacket. That is, of course, the function of Carrie. ;)

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nice jacket
agreed - slightly too long sleeves. Too long for the body. Slight back buldge- Otherwise, you are on your way to a bad ass jacket!!!

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Thanks for all the recommendations :)
I'm planning on getting an Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza with OD green stitching, 4 pocket config all zipped, buco j100 back - maybe make it a one piece back rather than the two piece back. All antique brass hardware. I'm just putting a plain cotton drill lining with sateen sleeves to keep it simple and clean and hopefully make the jacket more wearable year round. This is my first custom Aero and I'm excited and nervous about it ;P

I will post pics once it comes in a few months!

I only worry about the back bulge but otherwise, it doesn't strike me as overly long neither in the back nor in the sleeves. But then again, half an inch less would perhaps maybe just make it even better 'cause I think it's perfectly perfect otherwise. Front pic is 10/10.

willyto

One Too Many
The sleeves look too long to me. I don't know how you guys don't get annoyed by having the sleeves touching your hand palms.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
to me, rather than making the sleeve shorter, I would choose to make the sleeve opening a tad smaller just a little bit, so it rests before the knuckles, and it would make room for creases to really settle in.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
I just got recommendations from Carrie regarding body and sleeve lengths. She stated that shortening the body and the use of Vicenza, the back should drape better and would not have that bulge. The fit jacket is heavy steer thus the stiff drape and bulge. She suggested 1-1.5 inches shortening of both the body and sleeve. To maintain jacket proportions, should I just remove an inch from both the sleeves and body or can I remove 1.5 inches from the body and only remove 1 inch from the sleeves and still maintain the proportions? If you remember my previous thread regarding my quilted Thedi racer, the sleeves on that we're 25.5 and the length seemed fine. This current fit jacket sleeves are 26.25 and removing 1 inch would put it at 25.25. For back length, I would like the bottom hem to be above my back Jean pocket top hem or a bit higher.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Gave final approval of the order this weekend on Canada Day

Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza with OD stitching
4 pocket config with ring pulls on zips
All nickel hardware (nickel would add more contrast than the initial vintage brass I was planning on getting)
OD cotton drill lining in the body and black cotton sateen in the arms with leather underarm shields
No windflap, no external kidney panel (kept the internal one to keep the lining neat), no inside pocket
Buco J100 back - straight yolk with one piece back
Shoulder 17.75, P2P 21.5 - like the fit jacket
Sleeves 25.25 (1 inch off the fit jacket which was 26.25) and back 24.75 (1 inch off the fit jacket which was 25.75)

Now the waiting begins
Hopefully by the end of the month or early August I'll have some fit pics to show off!

Thank you everyone for your help and advice and thank you Carrie at TB for excellent service!

And for our American friends .... Happy 4th of July!!

Cheers

RG

Cyber Lip

Practically Family
Looks good everywhere, even the sleeves. Remember the sleeves will end up shorter with wear. I would leave them at that length. Body is too long. I'd maybe go 25" even on the back length

dan_t

Practically Family
Sounds great!
Listen to Carrie, from all of the remarks on here, she knows her stuff. I look forward to seeing the pics when it arrives.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ