Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Aero J106

BobJ

Practically Family
The jacket keps looking better, Gav. It suits you and looks comfortable, on its way to becoming your old friend. I noticed the creases on the right arm have stayed the same from the first picture when the jacket was brand new with the tag still on. This confirms my opinion that the creases that form when you first bend your arms are the ones that will be there for the life of the jacket. Did you stop wearing the belt? Why?

Gav

Practically Family
Thanks guys

Yeah I have stopped using the belt for now. after I get off my bike I am wearing it unzipped and I don't much like the belt dangling. Might revisit the belt in the winter when I'll wear it zipped more.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
The jacket keps looking better, Gav. It suits you and looks comfortable, on its way to becoming your old friend. I noticed the creases on the right arm have stayed the same from the first picture when the jacket was brand new with the tag still on. This confirms my opinion that the creases that form when you first bend your arms are the ones that will be there for the life of the jacket. Did you stop wearing the belt? Why?

pretty much that I think, it only can add more/ finer creases as more movements you in it, but the first time bending your elbow is the most important moment :D
unless you wash it in washing machine.

Gav

Practically Family
Didn't take a Back view photo. Will do next time round
I think it still looks wide somewhat because of the action back.

Mark

Practically Family
Looks great on you Gav. I will be sure to follow its progress here too. I am planning on getting a bike again (after some 20 years off bikes) and will be needing a bike jacket. looking at this style or the café racer. Enjoy your jacket.

I love it!!! Looks genuine and it really fits you well. And yeah, creases remain the same forever as they appeared when you first wore the jacket. They're your creases. XD

A-1

One Too Many
Hey Nick,
This is my jacket after 3 hours of wear:
Open Front_1024.jpg
And yes, you do. Haha.
I think it depends on the leather a lot.

jacketjunkie

Call Me a Cab
I think it depends much more on "how" you wear that jacket, not how long.

I'm thinking of people who don't frequently wear suits and you see it immediately; they move around stiffly and move with great awareness of how their suit sits on them, all careful to make sure everything is in place. And then there is the people who wear their suits with this very casual nonchalance and don't spend a seconds thought on the fact they wear a suit and treat it like it was a 20 bucks wallmart piece.

And I guess with leather jackets it's fairly similar. If you wear it in the awareness of it being a 1000 bucks piece, maybe feel a little bit insecure whether it's fitting and sitting correctly and act and move accordingly carefully, the jacket will take longer to break in and show wear marks than if you throw it on and treat it like a 50 bucks Carhartt piece and do anything in it, regardless of sleeves or body riding up, etc.

This is at least my experience. First jacket: super careful, took ages to break in. Latest jacket: wearing it, regardless of anything, zero funks given and the leather looks great after just 2-3 weeks of wear.

A-1

One Too Many
Actually, this is my first jacket up there. And I’ve just worn it for some hours and you can already see the wrinkles. It’s gotten more pronounced of course now after 5 months.

navetsea

I'll Lock Up
I don't understand how you guys get your creases so quickly. I must wear my jackets incorrectly. lol

it is about the fit too, the roomier the style, the less creases will appear as they all group up into single crease mark, while on the tighter fit jacket it doesn't have enough room to negotiate the crease, so they all appear individually everywhere, imagine creases on your slim jeans, and compare it to crease on baggy jeans, on baggy jeans you have almost no creases.

another thing is when you layer up the jacket over something fluffy like sweater or if the jacket has a padded lining, they also very slow to develop creases.because the soft padding functions as spring to push back up any small creases before they develop into permanent creases. My first jacket took forever to develop real creases even on the sleeve despite very thin sheep and relatively close fitting because it is padded, until I wore it under a big rain while on my bicycle, then all the sudden when the jacket dried, magically all creases were created in a single night, maybe because while drenched wet the padding didn't function as they're saturated with water and not fluffy, so the leather lost its damper, and even worse it followed the clumping wet fibers it is padded with so it formed even more creases.

Last edited:

Windstorm81

One of the Regulars
Actually, this is my first jacket up there. And I’ve just worn it for some hours and you can already see the wrinkles. It’s gotten more pronounced of course now after 5 months.

Hey A-1, love the colour of your jacket. Is it Aero? What's the hide and colour?

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations- great looking jacket-- enjoy
I ordered a J23 from Lost Worlds.
Will upload pics when in.

Gav

Practically Family
Thanks bunyip. It is black cotton drill. I am happy with it but I have been mighty tempted by the j100 on the dd Facebook page. Spot on size wise for me... I only have room in my life for one jacket at the moment.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
direfulzealot