Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My boss decided it was time to buy a leather jacket

pauleway

Practically Family
I like what you did there Fanch but truthfully, whilst giving him and it an honest appraisal would give me satisfaction I think seeing him wearing it will bring me more

I realise now that Him and this jacket were made for each other!
Schitz - Enjoy the ride! Just think how much fun it is for you every time you see him wearing his jacket. Don't ruin your own fun!!

IXL

One Too Many
Exactly. He's doing people a favor. It's a sign that reads loud and clear "I'm a tool". No guessing needed. Like a sick pesom wearing a mask on a plane. "Thank you". lol

The state of Oklahoma had a law, enforced, prohibiting tattoo "parlors." It was only rescinded by the Legislature in the summer of 2006. During arguments both for and against allowing tattooing in this state, one senator exclaimed "We should make it easier for everyone to be able to visually identify all the low, coarse, criminal elements in our state...We should make getting tattoos easy for all the maggots and crooks!"
You just can't make this stuff up.

Edward

Bartender
The state of Oklahoma had a law, enforced, prohibiting tattoo "parlors." It was only rescinded by the Legislature in the summer of 2006. During arguments both for and against allowing tattooing in this state, one senator exclaimed "We should make it easier for everyone to be able to visually identify all the low, coarse, criminal elements in our state...We should make getting tattoos easy for all the maggots and crooks!"

Jinkies.... no matter how many times you hear it, it's hard to imagine folks that tiny minded still exist. Shame on you, evolution; shame on you!

Jinkies.... no matter how many times you hear it, it's hard to imagine folks that tiny minded still exist. Shame on you, evolution; shame on you!
Well, there's tattoos, and then there's prison tat's I supposed. Many say they can tell the difference. I'll just hope that's what he was talkin' about. But I'm likely giving him way too much credit...

IXL

One Too Many
..... I'll just hope that's what he was talkin' about....

Nope, the good senator was speaking about professional tattoos, the work being performed in modern, clean, licensed facilities.
As an aside, prison tats are indeed easy to spot. The "ink" is made by scraping the color printing from glossy magazine pages. These scrapings are then soaked in a bowl of water, with the resulting tar-like "ink" being a rather distinct, blackish "magazine scrapings, with blobs of pulp" concoction. You should should see some of the jailhouse-made tattoo guns that are discovered during jail search's; some are pretty clever.

pauleway

Practically Family

My opinion on tattoo's is, if I was suppose to have one, I would have been born with one! Putting ink permanently on your body I just don't get!

pauleway

Practically Family
I suppose you are also apposed to wearing clothing as well then? Cutting your hair? Shaving? Circumcisions?;)

Here is my recomendation to anyone thinking about getting a tattoo. Get one that is not permanent. When it fades, re-do it and repeat this prossess for at least 5 years. After the 5 years, if you still like it and think it was a good idea, then get it permanently inked into your skin!! Just a suggestion!

Edward

Bartender
I've yet to encounter a professional tattooist who will back so-called temporary tattoos. Which speaks volumes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred