Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My boss decided it was time to buy a leather jacket

schitzo

Suspended
I think seeing me wearing a few of mine lately - and possibly the reactions they received from female staff - gave him the idea. Seriously, he's not that unpredictable, so I'm fairly sure that was the motovation.

Anyhow, obviously he didn't need to talk to me about it. He's an intelligent man and he knows what he's doing. He is a boss for a reason not by accident let us not forget. He knew that if he bought one he would have to buy the best available and that there was only one place to do that in. And so yesterday off he went to Oxford St.

Doubtless he had a nice time in a plush department store, where some fit women told him it looked great. This is what he came back with:

http://www.armani.com/gb/emporioarmani/leather-jacket_cod41341481mt.html

In the flesh, it is exactly what you think it is. I wonder, would anyone like to post a comment about my boss? Or would any of you care to speculate on exactly how much he has paid for that label to be on this jacket?

This was last night and thinking about it today I just can't stop smiling! In fact, this episode has really cheered me up :D

majormajor

One Too Many
lol

I think in the hierarchy of brands he'd like to pay for the privilege of advertising, Armani are higher up. At the end of the day, he knows what he likes

Armani is higher up, yes.

But Emperio Armani is the cheap line. Shame on him!!:eeek:;)

Boyo

Call Me a Cab
You could have turned him on to the Fedora Lounge! May have have gotten a salary increase out of it... Remember what they say about imitation being a form of flattery... He must be digging your look!

schitzo

Suspended
Remember what they say about imitation being a form of flattery... He must be digging your look!

lol

seriously though, how much do y'all think this jacket costs to make?

I guess it is amusing sometimes how different we are. To him that label is a badge of honour but for me it's a modern day dunces's cap

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
He tears a hole in it...the lack of quality becomes apparent to him...sits down and googles "quality leather jacket brands", finds the countless posts on the Lounge...ends up here.

schitzo

Suspended
Have you seen the American version of the Office?
Is that who you work for?
The Steve Carrol -Actor guy.

It's not actually that guy, but I know who you're referring to even though I've never seen an episode. But based on having seen all of the English Office my guess is that guy has more redeeming qualities than my boss.

I dunno how closely the American one follows the English one.. but in the original there is an episode where David Brent (the lead character) gets a new leather jacket to 'compete' with some other manager from another branch. As I recall neither were any good!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred