Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Eddy Bros "Quartzite" western hat.

Doc Mark

Familiar Face
Greetings, Friends,

Years ago, my wife and I were camping around Quartzite, AZ, during what used to be a fantastic show they had there. It was primarily a Gem and Mineral Show, but folks sold everything from that, to guns, camping gear, and other such stuff, and we loved camping and shopping there. There was one fellow who had a huge canvas tent, where he offered and sold hats of just about every type you could imagine. As it had been quite a while since I had such a hat, I decided to check out some of his western hats, and found one from Eddy Bros that fit me fairly well, though I really wanted something more like the Tom Mix model Stetson. when I mentioned this to the seller, he said, "The crown is high enough to get close, want me to give it a try"? As he had an original hat steamer there, I decided to see what he could make of that Eddy Bros. He did well enough, and I bought it around around $50. Here it is:

DSCN8354.jpg

DSCN8355.jpg

DSCN8356.jpg

DSCN8357.jpg

DSCN8359.jpg

DSCN8360.jpg

DSCN8363.jpg

You can see that the El Cheap leather sweatband broke whilst using a hat stretcher on this hat, quite a few years later.

DSCN8362.jpg

But, this doesn't bother me, nor does the makeup of the felt, which is very high in wool, and quite low in felt. I don't wear it much, anymore, but as you can see, the blocking done by this fellow, in the desert at Quartzite, has lasted all these years, and it still looks pretty good, IMHO. Thanks for checking out my old Eddy Bros, and God Bless!

Every Good Wish,
Doc

Dixon Cannon

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Very nice! I go through Quartzite fairly often. They are pracitcally having a civil war there these days, between the Mayor, the Police Chief and the City Council - just like the true old west!

-dixon cannon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo