My first Aero CXFQHH - fit and a few questions

Discussion in 'Outerwear' started by Riu, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Cyber Lip

Cyber Lip Practically Family

it won't become roomier, but it will form to your body the more you wear it. After a bunch of wears you'll notice it feels more comfortable, and won't feel like it's fighting you

Riu likes this.
  2. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Looks like a great fit. It will not stretch over time. This is a major misconception. Leather, especially horsehide jackets do not stretch over time. They break in and can become more comfortable in some ways depending on who you are, but they do not stretch or give any more room over time. That's just false.

Monitor and Riu like this.
  3. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

Thank you for all your comments and advice, I feel like it fits well and knowing that it will become a bit more comfortable is what I wanted basically. I'm sure it's also me not being used to wearing a horsehide jacket and being used to move a bit more freely.

Unfortunately, my happiness has faded away yesterday as I have found out the seam is ripped on a sleeve and that's not good news. I'll see what's next as I really love the jacket. I only noticed it while inspecting the jacket a bit more and the thread is broken.

IMG_8403.JPG

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  4. Marc mndt

Marc mndt Call Me a Cab

Did you buy the jacket from Aero's sales page, or second hand from a private seller?

If bought from Aero, just return it and they'll fix it.

5. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

I bought it directly from Aero's sales page, I've already sent them an email yesterday evening after I noticed the issue but I'll have to wait until next week for their answer.

Because it's so difficult to find a jacket that fits so well I really want to keep it and I hope they will fix it.

Carlos840 likes this.
  6. Carlos840

Carlos840 My Mail is Forwarded Here

Luckily that's an easy seam to fix...
    They should be able to detach the lining at the wrist, flip the sleeve inside out and restitch it easily from the inside.
    If it was a shoulder seam or the top stitched seam the intervention would be a lot more invasive and you would have a lot more chance of it being a visible repair.
    This should be invisible when fixed.

Monitor likes this.
  7. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

That's what I thought, I'll just wait for their reply and take it from there.

8. dudewuttheheck

dudewuttheheck Call Me a Cab

Yeah they should be able to fix that for you easily. Definitely a shame though.

9. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

I have received an answer from Ken Calder and that's what I call great customer service, they will arrange a collection for next week and fix the jacket right away.
    That's how you know you're working with a company that values customers so thank you very much Ken, a pleasure dealing with Aero!

Ayeteael, HoosierDaddy, Tom71 and 5 others like this.
  10. Tom71

Tom71 Practically Family

I have had the same experience with them. Really good customer service.

BTW: Nice jacket. The Board Racer is a tricky pattern. Hope you will find the size just right, once it’s fully broken in.

Riu likes this.
  11. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

Thank you, Tom! I'm sure when it gets more comfortable it will feel even better than now. I wore it a few hours every day since I got it and it does start to feel better and better the more I wear it.

I am really happy with my purchase and the fact that Ken emailed me about this to make sure it will get sorted says a lot about them. To me, this is how to get customers to come back.

I was already planning to pay them a visit but with current conditions, it might take a while. I'm just afraid I'll empty my pockets when I get there :D

12. JacketFit08

JacketFit08 New in Town

T
    This jacket looks great on you. I think the fit is great and look at that shine - yes!

Don’t worry about the back. Mine does that too but is softening beautifully!

Aero are gold!

13. Riu

Riu A-List Customer

Thank you,

I'm wearing it, I'm looking forward to when it's going to be softer and more comfortable :)

14. rockandrollrabbit

rockandrollrabbit One of the Regulars

The back will look better with time and wear - but I think the back already looks fine.

Don't change a thing.