Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My first Fedora

tracyam

One of the Regulars
Congrats on the fedora! I'm positive it won't be your last one. I bought a hat from her before she changed her user name. She is a wretched beast.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
tracyam said:
Congrats on the fedora! I'm positive it won't be your last one. I bought a hat from her before she changed her user name. She is a wretched beast.

FINALLY!!! Someone who knows!!! She is the most inhospitable, mean, borderline childish seller I have ever dealt with. Sorry if I shouldn't vent about it here. But some of the things she said to me in course of 3 emails...wow. What happened to being hospitable to the buyer? She was crude and I still bought the hat!

tracyam

One of the Regulars
I certainly hope I'm wrong for your sake. Who knows...she may be better at packing hats than she was a year ago. Don't worry about it. If the brim is bent it can be fixed easy enough. But she will leave you negative feedback if you so much as make a complaint about her. I got negative feedback from her even though I paid instantly with Paypal.

FinalVestige79

Practically Family
I know I have neg. feedback due to me anyway from her. I asked to many questions and in the nicest way possible I asked if I could pay with a money order. Her reply.."nope." And then She says I'm threatening her. I simply asked for pictures of the inside and the possibility of paying with an MO. Her last message to me was ended with "GO AWAY!"

I hate using paypal, but she forced me to pay for it that way.

Dewhurst

Practically Family
Save those messages, take this up with eBay. Even file an official complaint if you have to.

EDIT: If the item arrives fine, I guess you could just be happy that it is over.

dostacos

Practically Family
GranadaGuy617 said:
I have, and I will. I just got this scathing email from her blaming me for being a horrible buyer...lol I just replied. Please can you just send me the hat and move on?
sounds like she does not want to sell the hat for what it went for.

AND sellers can no longer leave negative feedback, she might not leave any, but it won't be a negative. and she won't be able to see how many stars you gave her, so you can give an overall positive and ding the heck out of her in the stars area:rolleyes:

Kangfish

Familiar Face
I bought my first fur felt hat from her and all in all it wasn't a bad experience but I just bought and sent pay pal. Got it for the minimum bid like you probably did and I think sometimes they get mad 'cause it doesn't bring higher bids. It arrived in a too small box but it was only the brim that was out of shape and easily fixed. Mine was a SCALA which I don't hear a lot of good comments about but it really is a decent hat I think and has the nicest sweat band of any of my hats including Stetson, Dobbs and Akubra although the Akubra band is pretty nice. The Scala felt feels pretty good to me also and I really do love the hat. Don't be afraid to use some distilled or purified water to get it to shape like you want it. It's really not hard to do. In fact I've found it pretty easy. once you get it wet just shape it like like you want it and let it dry. Very easy and you can redo it till you get it right. Plenty of threads here to tell you how to do it by much more exrerienced and talented folks than me So... just forget her and enjoy your hat. It is a very nice looking hat and I'm sure you'll love it. But I'm willing to bet it won't be your last. You'll always need 'one more'. Send us a pic of you in your first! Congrats. - Kangfish

jpbales

Practically Family
sheesh, what nerve for a seller to be so rude! I'll be careful not to buy anything from her.
From the pic, the ribbon looks a little out of shape, which is easy to fix. Just spray or sprinkle some water on it and push it flat and it will easily straighten out. Hopefully it will turn out to be a good buy! It should be for the price, anyway. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. There's just something about wearing a nice hat, I don't know what it is though [huh] :D
Good luck!
Jimmy

Mike in Seattle

My Mail is Forwarded Here
GranadaGuy617 said:
I have, and I will. I just got this scathing email from her blaming me for being a horrible buyer...lol I just replied. Please can you just send me the hat and move on?

Once you have the hat, send her a scathing email back...but block her email address on your mail program so any future emails from her bounce directly back to her as undeliverable. Sounds like the type who would go completely apoplectic if she couldn't have the last word, and sounds like someone who completely deserves it.

Neil

A-List Customer
Annoying her

I just sent her a note on EBay telling her I'd have paid the full Buy It Now price of $100 for the hat.
Heh, heh. . . .

Spats McGee

One Too Many
Wow. That seller has lots of hats and I've considered buying from her on a number of occasions. I can't say that I'll never, ever, ever buy from her, but this thread has been enlightening.

FurFeltFedora

A-List Customer
GranadaGuy had asked me my opinion about this hat on a PM and told me about her behaviour. He had no idea what the hat was and she wouldn't tell him. I had to pretend I was interested and ask who made the hat so we knew what it was (Stacy Adams). She seems like a charming individual to me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy