Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My First Original A2... Before and after.

Jackets were made to be worn. That one looked pretty dried out, and I think it was cool to do a little work to give it more life. If you were going to hang it in a closet or a display, sure, you could leave it as-is maybe. But I like to see these being worn too. There's room for both, so enjoy it!

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Looks like you took 40 Years off the age of your Beautiful Jacket!

went to a good home, I would have left the colour alone myself, dont get me wrong though, you know what youre doing and I wouldnt be able to even tell it was the same jacket..so again, Excellent job!

Wonderful!

If you dont mind, Im only curious what you paid...because if you sold it back I think you would practically double your money now that you fixed it up!

Peacoat

Bartender
Excellent job. It has character without looking knackered. I like it. As you wear it, the color restoration you did will fade somewhat. Not as if it is a permanent dye job. Pay careful attention to the collar as it will probably need more conditioner in the near future.

mrpeppe

New in Town
Hi, thanks for that. I paid a whisper under £300 including shipping. I think it was a reasonable price because the jacket did look very beaten up. It didn't see cheap as I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to make it wearable. Turned out great though. My new favorite jacket! Only problem it's just got so cold out, I can't wear it :(

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
Hi, thanks for that. I paid a whisper under £300 including shipping. I think it was a reasonable price because the jacket did look very beaten up. It didn't see cheap as I wasn't sure if I was gonna be able to make it wearable. Turned out great though. My new favorite jacket! Only problem it's just got so cold out, I can't wear it :(

As a fellow Londoner i have to object!
Just get yourself some nice warm jumpers and you can still get a few weeks wear out of that jacket!

I still wear my leather jackets, with a thin cashmere jumper it's more than warm enough.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
Yah, Just put your Woolies on an a Nice Big Scarf, I dont mind cold weather, gives me an excuse to wear more layers.

Again, I always prefer the repro to wear on my days out, no matter how tempted I am to don my original Jackets..I never know when Im going to be hit by a car, or get in a fight or have someone spill coffee on me or whatever...slip on the ice etc. etc.

mrpeppe

New in Town
As a fellow Londoner i have to object!
Just get yourself some nice warm jumpers and you can still get a few weeks wear out of that jacket!

I still wear my leather jackets, with a thin cashmere jumper it's more than warm enough.

I agree. But this jacket is pretty small and can only fit one layer underneath. I will just wear it around the house in the meantime.;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael