Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My grandfather's car...

John Warr

Familiar Face
I thought someone might be interested in this picture. My Grandfather brought this car just before World War II. It is a 1937 Lagonda V12 short chassis Rapide. Possibly one of the prettyest cars made (IMHO obviously). The designer was W.O.Bentley. The car was maroon with buiscuit hide interior. As far as I know it is still out there somewhere.

http://www.bysonleather.co.uk/Images/Lag.jpg

Last edited:

dhermann1

I'll Lock Up
That's really a SUPER spiffy car.
Here's a shot in MY grandfather's car, same era (1939), nowhere near as cool, but a very nice car in its own way. Dodge D11 Luxury Liner. This shot was taken in 1951, at their farm in Bangor, PA. That's grandma carrying a bucket of something, me helping her carry whatever, and my little brother greeting us. The remains of the garage are visible at the left. It had been blown down by a hurricane the year before. I remember this car vividly, and the cigaret smokey smell of the interior.

39Dodgedetail.jpg

Edward

Bartender
I thought someone might be interested in this picture. My Grandfather brought this car just before World War II. It is a 1937 Lagonda V12 short chassis Rapide. Possibly one of the prettyest cars made (IMHO obviously). The designer was W.O.Bentley. The car was maroon with buiscuit hide interior. As far as I know it is still out there somewhere.

Lag.jpg

Very nice indeed. If ever I could afford to run a car and had need of one, I'd be very tempted to go vintage for as much of the year as possible.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy