Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Great High Waisted Trouser Search Post #1

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
I know there have been several pages of posts about where to find high waisted trousers/khakis. I have started my personal journey for an all-around great pair of pants that I could wear with braces without singing soprano or pull them up to my belly button comfortably.
I went to get a pair of Docker D3 Classic Fit Pleated khakis at JCPenney.They had none in my size as apparently flat fronts are the hot thing right now. So I had to settle for the American Living khakis with the flat fronts.Surprisingly they rest comfortably right below my navel and were cheaper than the Dockers. The legs have a nice wide leg with little taper.I give them 4 stars.

Then I went to look at Target and found a pair of Merona khakis on sale for $15. They also have very little taper with wide legs. Unfortunately, I could barely pull them up past my pubes. They were very low rise. It would be impossible to wear a shirt tucked in with out it coming out constantly.I give the Merona's 1 1/2 stars.

I'll continue to post anytime I find a new pair of trousers and give you the low down on the high rise

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
My Great High Waisted Trouser Search Post #2

I went out shopping today once again searching for the greatest high waisted trousers that I could find(and to get my monthly manicure). I stopped by the local Burlington Coat factory to look around. I came across the Louis Raphael Tailored slacks in several colors for only $12.99. I decided to get a pair in black to match my cheap George suit jacket. Both the jacket and the slacks have that shiny poly blend look so they matched well.
Well when I got them home to try them on I wasn't expecting much. I was very pleasantly surprised. When I buttoned and zipped them they pulled and rested comfortably OVER my navel. The legs have a moderate taper but are not tight. These will definitely get brace buttons and I may even buy a couple more pairs in other colors.
I give the Louis Raphael Tailored slacks 4 stars out of 5.

BinkieBaumont

Rude Once Too Often
http://www.princehenry.biz/world-tour.html

"Check out when these Chaps will be in your area, I Have had two suits made by them and I m delighted with the quality and service, you could just have the pants made up"

4923689436_0df203ea3f.jpg

jswindle2

One of the Regulars
Just missed them

They came through in August. I was just reading about them in another thread. I 'll just wait until they come by again. Maybe then I'll have the cash to get a 3 piece made also.
Thank you for the advice.
Jerry

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW