Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My guilty secret...

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
When you own as many leather jackets as I do, you tend to feel that they need to be worn around the house just to give them the amount of wear they require to look properly broken in. It feels weird at first, but after a while you rationalize it by thinking of how weird the things other people do in private must be.

apba1166

A-List Customer
48f at 7a. Out for 4 hours running errands in a Sheene. First jacket wear of year. Windows open. By 11 it was 62 and by the time I got was too warm. Back in the closet.

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
I've had my Booklegger sitting in the bedroom since I bought back in the year, just so I could throw it on every so often and *help break it in*. This morning the thermometer was at 9C when I was up (6am) but by the time I was driving home it was up at 16C, so the Irvin stays stored for the time being...

mr_lits

A-List Customer
One of my favorite reasons for living in Alaska is that no matter the time of year it is always good jacket weather. 3 months of summer for my moto leathers, 2 month swing seasons for my mid-weights and 5 months brutally cold for the shearlings.

devilish

A-List Customer
I've slept in jackets and jeans both, to get a jump start on breaking them in. Just wearing them around the house is more than normal for me. I'll talk to friends on FaceTime or Skype sat in my PJ's with a leather jacket on. Makes them laugh but they aren't surprised anymore.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
One of my favorite reasons for living in Alaska is that no matter the time of year it is always good jacket weather. 3 months of summer for my moto leathers, 2 month swing seasons for my mid-weights and 5 months brutally cold for the shearlings.

Sooooo lucky.

Peacoat

Bartender
I will wear a new leather jacket around the house to help with break in before I wear it in the wild. But only a new jacket and only for a week or so until it has loosened up a bit. And my wife thinks I am weird? I will show her this thread. She will think you guys are totally nuts. I understand, though.

TREEMAN

Call Me a Cab
Had the Model B on for a while the other day..........it wants me to put it on as much as I do !!

Stand By

One Too Many
Whenever a brand new sheepskin jacket showed up (B-3, Irvins), I used to sleep in it that first night (I was single then, so no there was no wife-like person in my life to tell me "Hell no!" or "You're being so weird right now! What's wrong with you?"). I tell you, it was some of the best night's sleep I ever had, being snug in that fresh wool. Divine, certainly. Weird? I dunno. There's worse things to get up to in bed. It was harmless. Whatever.
Once the jacket's been outside though, I'd not do it again with that jacket.
But yes, the start of Fall and the first chill in the air is always the best. The bugs start disappearing and the jackets come out ... what's not to love about that?

avique

One of the Regulars
Wife thinks that it's odd but I use my B3 as a house coat when it's chilly and typically use my ANJ-4 for the outdoors. I've also caught my daughter stealing my B3 when she's up early on the weekends cuddled up on the couch watching YouTube. Unfortunatly it gets too hot to wear it by mid morning for now.

Edgar Laurel

One of the Regulars
You know when you get happy because fall is coming and you had a colder weekend and a half rainy sunday? It happened today.
And my A2 was tested under some light rain. It was a pleasure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ