Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My guilty secret...

OUija - you mean like wearing shirts with the board printed on it and that sort of thing? Yeah. Not imagery I'd be comfortable messing around with myself.

Lol no, but that'd be the sight. Ouji is more like... chicks wearing Victorian dandy kinda stuff.

Dumpster Diver

Practically Family
I spent the last few nights waching a couple movies while darning the holes in the knits on my newly acquired split-S Repro G-1 Jacket where moths had eaten them before I got it, before they frayed and ran like a rat's Nest. Literally DARN those ba***rd moths! There must have been a dozen holes on the inside and outside of each cuff..working qucikly is key.

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Peacoat, yeah, it's a great fun look for young ladies, and there's a small cottage industry making lolita clothes, with prices to match Goodwear for some of the clothes. It's nice to see young (younger than me!) people rejecting mall chain-store mediocre 'fashion' and expressing themselves. And I think it's really glamorous- always reminds me of Southern Belles. Very feminine.

@Butte, yeah, my dog slobbers over everything, so I've learned to be careful with clothes and boots. I tried to wash his blanket once, and he snarled at me, so that time he lay on my B-3, I told him straight, "Get off my jacket or I'm gonna bite ya'."

@Monitor, ouji (prince) style. Hmm, I'm not a fan. It's kinda 'tom-boy lolita'. Way too much gender-bending for my tiny brain. More Oliver Twist than Alice in Wonderland IMHO. But hey, each to their own right? One of the great things about Japan is that you can wear pretty much any outlandish style, and go out without being insulted, ridiculed or assaulted. It's very tolerant in that respect (which is kind of odd given all the emphasis on conformity here, right? I guess Slavoj Zizek would describe it as having something to do with society creating 'safe' social spaces where 'rebellion' is permitted in order to act as a 'safety valve' for stifling social oppression, but hey, what do I know?).

I wouldn't dare post photos of my wife on the internet doing the lolita thing, she's very touchy about privacy. We don't even post pics of our kids on FB. Hell, I can't even work out how to upload jacket photos from my phone yet!

Big J

Call Me a Cab
@Dumpster Diver, I'm loving that Split S G-1! You're a lucky guy. Also hat-tip to you on your style in general. Tell us, what movies you been watching whilst darning?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Truthhurts21