Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Hat Collection Display

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
I got tired of the pile of hats on my vanity, so I remembered How Roberto of City Vintage once displayed his hats. One 99 cent box of push pins and a measuring tape and a half hour later, and viola. Now i will have to dust them.

I have been meaning to post some of my hats, but been busy. At least now I can have a chance to show them a little.

Maybe we should play guess that hat.

What happened to that thread about guessing the make of hat? I thought that was awesome and was really impressed. I thought it would be a big hit.

Picture101.jpg

Picture102.jpg

Picture103-2.jpg

Picture103-1.jpg

NeilA

Familiar Face
I am by no way awsome enough to know what hat is which, but I love that grey with the dimond bash. Really jumed out at me for some reason.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
Great use of wall space

This looks terrific!

And it gives you another incentive to keep that furnace filter changed, too!

Thanks for the idea:eusa_clap

MCrider

A-List Customer
Display hats?

Not me, I hoard them away in a dark closet, each lovingly placed in a hat box, keeping them out of sight and away from sticky fingers (chocolate kind). Then each night, by the flickering light of a candle, I dive into my stash and deem one hat worthy to show to the world of common folk.
:p

Seriously though reetpleat, I like what you've done to display your hats. I would hate to have to dust them though! Nice job and thanks for showing us your collection. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go back into my hideaway to determine which hat the commoners will see tomorrow.

Sam Craig

One Too Many
PTL, I have reached a point where the only sticky fingers in the house belong to my wife, but I do have to make sure some things are put up when the grandkids show up.

I have one grandson who wants hats ... especially mine.

I am guilty of already feeding the addiction, and he's only 4.

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
I'm not a displayer at all. Nobody comes into my house that would appreciate them, and I like too keep the dust away. So, I keep them boxed in a closet, with a few on stands on a closet shelf for easy access near the door. However, I do usually have one beater on my coatrack. It makes me feel better. [huh]

Lou

One of the Regulars
Nice display. I don't display my hats and probably won't. I keep a cap and a hat in the foyer closet, and my other hats are in my bedroom closet.

Mario

I'll Lock Up
I don't necessarily have my hats on display to show them to others. I like to look at them myself. They're occupying two walls in my bedroom, so the last thing I see before the lights go out are my hats; they are also among the first things I look at when I come back to my senses in the morning. I like that. :p ;)

Lokar

A-List Customer
My wife and I own cats, so unfortunately having my hats sitting on a bookshelf isn't an option - they'd soon become cat-fur felt!

4111714191_42364d071a_b.jpg

I have a second hat hanging on a hook on the wall now, beyond the "Varning för katten" sign, and some tweed caps lying around.

Lokar

A-List Customer
Something like that! :)

Some of my hats (my homburg, which is in need of restoration, my silk topper, which I don't want dust-riddled, and my panama as it's summer, to name a few) are kept in boxes, some the boxes in the photo, others away in cupboards.

reetpleat

Call Me a Cab
Mario said:
My hats are populating my walls too... ;)

Yes, I have to dust them a lot, but then it's a nice excuse to busy myself with all of them... :D

collection_wall_01.jpg

collection_wall_02.jpg

collection_wall_03.jpg

Awesome. Great shots. Are you a professional photographer or hobbyist?

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
I use a coat rack to display around eight of my hats at a time, and I generally rotate hats out depending on the season.

hatrack1.jpg

These aren't all my hats though. I have a few I keep on a shelf by my bed, and of course, there are hats stored in my closet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo