Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My HWM is on his way !!!

borisna

A-List Customer
missed wearing my HWM for a while now but it's like 100 degrees here in Israel -> solution : sitting home with the AC on wearing shorts + HWM :cool:

borisna

A-List Customer
So the HWM just got his companion - Red Wing Iron Rangers !!

img3320e.jpg

img3319q.jpg

Could not be happier, the boot looks awesome (just LOVE the cap toe) and very well made.
I was so worried about getting the right size ordering online, but it's just right :), a bit narrow but i think that the leather will stretch out a bit.

people that own IR - how would you advise on taking care of them?

These boots join the 5 pairs of levis jeans and dockers I bought on the 4 of July sales (I love the USA :)), and now I am well prepared for the "harsh" Israeli winter :D

Dav

One Too Many
My IRs don't get much care to be honest, perhaps a coat of oil about once a year after they've been in the sink to wash some mud off but not always, I find that's all mine seem to need as they're holding up just fine with all the abuse I give them!

Edit
Here's they are after a few years of cutting wood and stomping around wet fields.
S1053048.jpg

Last edited:

wallis

Familiar Face
Boots look awesome. Every man needs at least one pair of nice hunting boots.

I'm about to order an Aero Highwayman, but need to figure out the fit. I love the fit of your HWM - a little longer than average. Could you do me a favor and answer a couple questions... How tall are you, what is your chest measurement, what is the pit-to-pit measurement on the jacket, and what is the length of the jacket from the seam under the collar to the bottom of the jacket?

borisna

A-List Customer
Wallis

I am 180 cm tall, chest is 97 cm, pit to pit of the jacket is 57 cm, back length 64 cm
My HWM is tagged a size 38, and personally i would like to size down to 36 or maybe switch to a halfbelt because as much as I love mine I would like a more trim fitting jacket

wallis

Familiar Face
Wallis

I am 180 cm tall, chest is 97 cm, pit to pit of the jacket is 57 cm, back length 64 cm
My HWM is tagged a size 38, and personally i would like to size down to 36 or maybe switch to a halfbelt because as much as I love mine I would like a more trim fitting jacket

Thanks! That is very helpful.

If you are serious about sizing down to a 36, I'd be happy to buy this jacket.

Lungomare

A-List Customer
Wallis

Wearing my HWM with just a T-shirt I'd be willing to size down, but I don't. I usually layer it with a sweater or a fleece jacket in autumn and springtime - and then it fits perfect. Sizing down means that you'll never be able to layer with this jacket.

So I sized down for my A-2, but I won't for a HWM!

Regards,

Johannes

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925