Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My HWM is on his way !!!

Minority of two... Too big is too big, but tight is not what I need, either. My two favorite jackets are a 43 (they can do it at Aero) Stuart, and a 60 years old G-1, originally I guess 46, but perfect for me. Both extremely comfortable. My Highwayman is a 25 year old steerhide one, marked as 44, also very comfortable on me. None are snug, none are oversized. Took a bit of time to get there, though.

To be fair to the "tight" crowd, I have changed somewhat. I used to like my Avirex/Schott jackets, but have gotten rid of most of them due to the large cuts. I've learned to appreciate the middle-ground. Just right as Goldilocks would say lol

pauleway

Practically Family
I guess I'm in the minority here - I like some wiggle room in my jackets. With the exception of riding jackets, I don't want something tight on me.
Borsina - Your jacket looks to me like a really good fit, and after you break it in it will feel even better. I always like a little room to wear a sweater or extra shirt under it, and if you go a size smaller it might be a tight fit. Really nice of Mark to let you keep the jacket until you get another one. By the time a new one arrives you might want to keep the one you have. As far as the scuffs and little cut, that would not bother me and after a while you probably wont even think about them!

Aether

One of the Regulars
I guess I'm in the minority here - I like some wiggle room in my jackets. With the exception of riding jackets, I don't want something tight on me.
I agree. I like my riding jackets snug, and my utility jackets comfortable with room to layer (or to grow into!).

HighandDry

A-List Customer
I agree to disagree :)

Personally, I like everything fitted- whether it be jeans, shirt, or jacket. For me, if I need to add another layer, I go to another coat.

borisna

A-List Customer
OK so i asked Mark to make the new jacket a size 38 with the same sleeve and back length as the 40 i have now

I also asked a friend to check the shoulder seam with me wearing the jacket, and it comes 1-2 cm after my shoulder, so 38 will be probably better

Now i wait some more, at least with a jacket in hand :)

OK so i asked Mark to make the new jacket a size 38 with the same sleeve and back length as the 40 i have now

I also asked a friend to check the shoulder seam with me wearing the jacket, and it comes 1-2 cm after my shoulder, so 38 will be probably better

You have the best of both worlds actually. You got to see how it fit, make a correction, and get a new one free. IN the meantime, you get a HWM to wear?
Good deal. I might have to knife my next jacket - THIS IS A JOKE!!!! lol

IMO...good decision!
This time it will be perfect. Aero will make sure of it!
HD

borisna

A-List Customer
thanks Bute :) Congrats on your new jacket !!

BTW, I wanted to ask you, how much was the addition of the detachable fur collar to your Half Belt Deluxe?

borisna

A-List Customer
Hey jksu

Got the jacket 2 days ago, the fit is soooo much better !! could not be happier :)
will try to post pics tmw

jksu

Familiar Face
awesome! look forward to seeing pics borisna.

i bought mine oil-pull brown highwayman from a fellow fedora member recently and it should arrive next week. it's my 1st aero and i'm crossing my fingers on sizing. i'm a 39" chest, 32-34" waist depending where i am in marathon training, 16/34" shirts. have a size 40 fox creek that fits snug with liner in place (it's 18.5" across shoulder, 21" pit to pit, 24.5" sleeve, 27" back length).

from what i've read, highwayman's run large... glad i didn't buy a 40. the one i bought is a 36/38 (tagged 36 with 1" extra long sleeves and length). based on the seller's measurements, it should fit well...he's down-sizing to a possible 34 i believe. i'm in souther california so don't plan to layer very often. will post pics myself when i receive it -- can't wait!

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I think it looks great! How does it feel?
Leather looks dynamite!

I love my Higwayman more after break-in, it feels less boxy and I'm never ever gonna give it up!

borisna

A-List Customer
awesome! look forward to seeing pics borisna.

i bought mine oil-pull brown highwayman from a fellow fedora member recently and it should arrive next week. it's my 1st aero and i'm crossing my fingers on sizing. i'm a 39" chest, 32-34" waist depending where i am in marathon training, 16/34" shirts. have a size 40 fox creek that fits snug with liner in place (it's 18.5" across shoulder, 21" pit to pit, 24.5" sleeve, 27" back length).

from what i've read, highwayman's run large... glad i didn't buy a 40. the one i bought is a 36/38 (tagged 36 with 1" extra long sleeves and length). based on the seller's measurements, it should fit well...he's down-sizing to a possible 34 i believe. i'm in souther california so don't plan to layer very often. will post pics myself when i receive it -- can't wait!

i am a 39" chest as well and i am sure a 36 would fit me because i still have some room in the chest with the size 38, so i think yours should fit you great !! :)

Last edited:

jksu

Familiar Face
borisna, the new jacket looks fantastic! the 38 fits you perfectly! i agree if you were going to consistently wear a thick sweater the 40 may have been good.. but from your pics, it seemed the 40's shoulders sagged off a bit when just wearing a t-shirt.

i personally do like more fitted jackets too -- i grew up wearing everything 1 size too large because parents wanted to buy stuff we'd "grow" into. then there was that baggy clothes phase in high school. when i started doing more endurance sports, i learned slowly that close fitting clothes actually served a purpose (less flapping, better wicking). and definitely on a bike, fitted in less flapping and safer (keeps the armor in place). and now i'm older, i've learned/noticed, if you're in shape, close fitting clothes/jackets look great.

so borisna, enjoy your lean/fit build -- that 38" looks awesome on you.

i think what i like about the highwayman too, is even in the 38" should you get a little "thick" with "maturity," there's room and the jacket will look/wear the same. it's a bit of optical trick aero plays in the design, i think, using a slightly narrower front panel to create slim visual lines, while the actual pit-to-pit or chest/torso circumference is actually larger. quite clever. can't wait to see it and try it in person. based on pictures of the 36/38 i'm buying i'd never guess the pit-to-pit is 23"

and i presume no scuffs/cuts this time. also the turn-around seemed pretty fast considering some of the waits others have had...

congrats again!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925