Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My HWM is on his way !!!

Windward

Practically Family
BTW ... have you ever tried to tuck in your shirt? It seems that you haven't a bear-belly ... so you can tuck it in your pants - will look also very good - have a try!

Looks Great! Very happy for you. I know that you've been waiting anxiously...and looks like everything turned out very well. I still favor the style of the Highwayman. That model was the first utility jacket that I ordered from Aero years ago and I still wear it often.
HD

53Effie

A-List Customer
Very, very nice! Looks like the long wait was well worth it. I think the fit is just right and it is a great looking jacket. I have a new half belt on order and I sure hope it doesn't take quite this long. Seeing yours is making me anxious already! Again, congratulations.

borisna

A-List Customer
Hey guys, i discovered a few scuffs on the jacket that really pissed me off, can you tell me if this is normal or not for these kind of jackets?

on the back :

shoulder seam:

inside leather strip on the hem:

a small (~0.6 cm) cut on the sleeve:

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I have a theory that the scuffs comes from the sewingmachine thing that holds the lether down. Becasue they are always on a "hump" I have some aswell.

The cut doesnt look good tho, and personally I think its a reason for a remake, but the sad part is that you cant know if the new jacket will be as good, so where is it at exactly?

borisna

A-List Customer
Hi Griff, here is another pic of that cut

it's not very noticeable, but now that i know it's there it obvious to me

also found another one and a big one in the sleeve facing though

Dav

One Too Many
I agree that I don't think the first three pics are anything to be concerned about. That cut though is a bit more worrying, I think I'd send the picture to Aero to see what they have to say on the matter.

Edit

The brown will pick up quite a few scuffs and scrapes as it ages so in a few months you probably won't even notice them, but as I said if your not 100% happy contact them, I had no problem when I had to return an order due to some loose stitching, in fact it came back within seven days.

Last edited:

borisna

A-List Customer
Thanks Dav, I will do that
If i ordered through Mark should i send it to him or go straight to the factory?

GriffDeLaGriff

One Too Many
I think the inside the cuff is nothing to even think about, but the one on the outside is a different matter.

The cut is almost not noticeable in the whole, but the main thing is how you feel about it.
If you feel it shouldn't be there for what you paid then send the pics to Aero and say how you feel.
Be nice and just say what you think.

I would go directly through Aero personally, but there are customs and things that you have to take into consideration
and depending on how that works for you, it might be better to go through Mark.

In my case I always go through Amanda at Scotland, but when sending something back for a mod, I have to pay the full 25% of the full jacket price AGAIN when getting it back. So my Highwayman for example cost me 150% plus what the customs charge for their "service" (wich is quite alot) plus shipping.

borisna

A-List Customer
Griff, I already send pics to Mark and he forwarded them to Scotland so i am waiting for an answer now

I think that if it was just one scuff or cut on it's own i would forget about that, but 4-5 mistakes is too bugging to forget

Why do you pay 25%? is that the customs in Norway?
And when returning a jacket you have to pay for the shipping both ways? or Aero sends it back to you for free?

borisna

Sadly that is not normal. None of my Aeros have ever had any roughed up/scraped edges like that. I've just looked at all my Aero jackets ...and 'none' have any hint of damage like that around the edges..or stitching. Doesn't really matter what may have caused them. I would send pics of the damage to someone...Amanda/Mark..! I'm sure they would agree. There's no way that you could have caused any/all that damage. Surprising that it made it out of the factory that way. I'm also curious as to why you went through Aero USA..rather than directly to the Aero factory with the order..since you are not located in USA..? Seems like going that route would make for a much longer wait.
In any event...I wouldn't be happy at all,either. It's a shame since it looks like a nice piece of hide. I think that I would send picks to Amanda since it's obvious this was done during manufacturing. It seems to me that Mark would just relay the message...and re-ship the jacket from his location.
HD

Be sure that if Aero sends a replacement 'new' jacket...or repaired jacket back to you..that they mark it as 'return'..so there will be 'no' custom charges. You must request that the return shipment be marked as such. At least that is the way it works here in the states. In fact...you shouldn't have to pay any shipping. Shouldn't cost you a dime...if Aero accepts fault.
HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Grateful Fred