Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My leather jacket database.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up
I would have to agree that the Lost Worlds Leathertogs A and J-23 are two of my favorites of yours as well.

Are there any jackets that you just don't wear much if any, but are just happy to have in your collection? The Himel comes to mind, which is a shame...

There are many jackets i don't really wear, the Himel is no1 in that club, my Aero bootleggers are worn once or twice a year, i never wear my Schotts, really i usually wear LW or Vanson, to me the other ones are a collection and a way to compare jackets against each other.
I don't feel the need to sell a jacket just because i don't wear it often, as long as it has some cool feature that i appreciate. I enjoy them for their construction, their leather, their features, not necesserally wearing them.

But i am and have always been a collector, i have collected everything from stamps to rocks, coins to spanners, cards, bass guitars, you name it...

Last edited:

marker2037

Practically Family
There are many jackets i don't really wear, the Himel is no1 in that club, my Aero bootleggers are worn once or twice a year, i never wear my Schotts, really i usually wear LW or Vanson, to me the other ones are a collection and a way to compare jackets against each other.
I don't feel the need to sell a jacket just because i don't wear it often, as long as it has some cool feature that i appreciate. I enjoy them for their construction, their leather, their features, not necesserally wearing them.

But i am and have always been a collector, i have collected everything from stamps to rocks, coins to spanners, cards, bass guitars, you name it...
Haha, no need to justify the collecting habit as I have that same bone in my body. I mean, I live in the friggin Caribbean for god's sake and I own a collection of leather and cotton jackets meant to be worn in spring, fall, and winter outside of the tropics. But I love doing it all the same.

For me, it started with cards, comics, collectibles and gravitated to motorcycles and now menswear items and bonsai. I just like to collect things I find valuable to my personal tastes and hobbies.

Brandrea33

One Too Many
Thank you for creating this thread Carlos. I just stumbled on it yesterday and it’s helpful to me I understanding pattern/fit/and measurements.
I’m still gun shy about my next build, but I’m hopeful it comes out the way I hope.

tenerific

New in Town
Hey @Carlos840, I'm trying to determine sizing in some of the jacket models you own. Any chance you could add your arm length from shoulder to wrist in your measurements?

Last edited:

Creed

New in Town
Yeah, so was thinking of getting a 2nd opinion from the folks active here. Especially the Thread starte, 45 jackets and why not one from Flathead ?

Edward

Bartender
Yeah, so was thinking of getting a 2nd opinion from the folks active here. Especially the Thread starte, 45 jackets and why not one from Flathead ?

Can't answer for Carlos, but more generally I suspect few of us have tried them because of the price. They look lovely, but I've been very happy with my go-tos that aren't close to that sort of really big money.

Marc mndt

I'll Lock Up
I cannot answer for @Carlos840 either, but imo their construction quality used to be mediocre. I say used to be because their more recent jackets do look better in that sense.

But more importantly, I'm not a fan of their patterns with the jackets having huge neckholes and wide shoulders.

They do look good on some people though.

1708530828050.png
1708530779251.png

ai00344

One of the Regulars
I have a Flathead cafe racer and love it. There is a size 40 currently in the classifieds section for a good price if your interested

Creed

New in Town
I did share this sometime back.

https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/the-flat-head-white-label-counterfeit.111820/post-3077257

Mine is the same design as the piece as the Flathead’s link that I have shared except mine’s without the quilted section at the side.

I have an older pic trying it on when new, neck hole can be a bit roomy. Maybe it’s meant to accommodate a middle layer. On thing for sure, it’s not black’s black. Definitely looks brown in certain lighting condition.

Found the exact piece that I have on their website. https://www.flat-head.com/fn-lj-hs005/

Attachments

• IMG_1724.jpeg
    IMG_1724.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 34
Last edited:

red devil

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Just curious, got myself a Flathead a year ago. Any reason why no one here has ever tried a Flathead ?

I suspect @Carlos840 thought why get a Flathead when you can get LW.

Even if I could get Flathead to fit me - never found a good fit with them for my body type - there are plenty more interesting options at the same price range or less.

Carlos840

I'll Lock Up

I have never felt the need to buy a FH jacket because i have never found them impressive.
I handled a few in the Rivet and Hide store in London and to me they felt like poor value for money.
I don't like the stitching style, i am not a fan of Shinki and disliked the specific one they used, and non of their patterns felt good on me.
I just don't see the attraction.

Last edited:

Creed

New in Town
Thanks for replying.

Glad to hear of your feel on this and having own and handled even more leather jackets. Your opinion is definitely valued.

While it’s not my first leather jacket, it’s definitely my first that’s horsehide. Had tried on a few while I was in Tokyo, from Schott’s Asian fit to Freewheelers and Flathead was eventually what I went for. I’ve definitely not exhausted all quality names that’s available there and just pulled the trigger after trying on the Flathead.

Somehow I got a feel from the old Flathead pictures that I’ve seen versus what I’ve bought. There seems to be some changes in how they are making their jackets. Sadly I don’t have a physical old Flathead to compare and contrast.

I’ll be making a trip back to Tokyo again in a mth’s time. Not looking to buy another but will definitely go explore other choices there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bergsma112