Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "M" tie

matei

One Too Many
Here is a pic of a recently acquired vintage Haband tie, with a big, cursive "M" (for Matei?):

detail

Thanks to Salv for pointing this one out to me when it was on everyone's fave auction site...

As it is a vintage tie, it is quite short. It is in great shape. There were a few wee stains but I managed to get rid of them with a mixture of a Woolite-esqe solution from Marks & Sparks and good ol' London tapwater.

Salv

One Too Many
matei said:
Here is a pic of a recently acquired vintage Haband tie, with a big, cursive "M" (for Matei?):

ed7a.jpg

Thanks to Salv for pointing this one out to me when it was on everyone's fave auction site....

You're more than welcome - it's a great tie, but I couldn't get your link to work.

matei said:
There were a few wee stains

Must...resist...temptation...

matei

One Too Many
:eek:

Doh!

ahem... there were a few small stains, most definately not wee stains!

lol

Okay - maybe the pic works now?
detail

matei

One Too Many
Glad you guys like it!

I've got a neat yellow and brown (?) Arrow tie on the way as well. Wild Root spotted it on eBay.

Wild Root

Gone Home
It's short but, that's the way they're to look! Oh, love the 40's initial ties!

You've got your self a score there! Love the colors on it and it suits you rather well!

Cheers,
=WR=

matei

One Too Many
I kinda like 'em short, now that I'm used to seeing them in context.

It is today's modern, stiff-as-a-board, long ties that look strange now!

Even my wife agrees with me. Her dad was from a generation where they wore "classic" ties with high-waisted trousers.

When she moved to the "opulent West", she found it strange that trousers were worn low and ties were really long.

Brad Bowers

I'll Lock Up
Marc Chevalier said:
You have a movie to go along with that tie ... thanks to Fritz Lang and Peter Lorre. ;)

I saw the thread's title and thought he had a tie like that of James Bond's boss!lol

Great tie!

Brad

S

Shaul-Ike Cohen

Brad Bowers said:
I saw the thread's title and thought he had a tie like that of James Bond's boss!lol

My thought as well, then this:

1010_301x512.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThomW