Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new AERO B-6 Shearling Flight Jacket

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Dear loungers,

when I received my A2 38-1711 last spring there was also a B-6 in the package from Galashiels. It was direct stored in the cabinet.

Now, trätärätä, is this rigth time to pull it out. It is a "normal" B-6. I think the originally idea was to wear the B-6 over the uniform. I asked for a trim fit one, that allows to wear a pullover under it, but not more.

Perfect for low temperatures. Now at 0°C it is warm enough with a shirt. With a thick pullover it will bring me through sub zero days.
The wearing of a shearling jacket is completelly different to fqhh jackets. I have the feeling to wear nothing because it is so light and comfortable. First I was a little confused if I would like this feeling. Now I´m totally happy to have this jacket. It is so warm and cosy!!

Here it is:

5208504259_9a17d56826_z.jpg

5208504439_8b0d62a48a_z.jpg

5209240704_53f3fb239b_z.jpg

5209240466_224b88e667_z.jpg

5208642697_c26e380675_z.jpg

5208504595_5da14a1f12_z.jpg

5209102810_e32783b375_z.jpg

5208504947_854715dffa_z.jpg

5209103156_77da544f4d_z.jpg

Winter you can come!

Regards

Olli

Last edited:

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great fitting and well made jacket! You wear it well! Along with the newsie cap, western shirt and dry denim pants you are wearing a great combination of clothing. Very classic and classy! A far cry from "Schlüter's Boxbude"! ;)

THE_RING_Sindermann.JPG

Last edited:

Edward

Bartender
Looks great. I'd eventually like to get myself a B6; I have a particular liking for the redskin models. Look like a nice jacket for those days when a B3 or Irvin would be overkill, but you want something just a little more than an A2 or similar. The difference in weight certainly is noticeable. I've fonud that with my Irvin this last couple of weeks - even lighter than my B3 with its HH panels on the arms.

That is GORGEOUS! Seal/seal?
Did you add length? Or do the B6 ride lower than the B3 do?
It looks great on you, and the hat is a nice touch. My son always wears those.
May I ask what size you are or reference?

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Kowalski, Jan, Edward and ButteMT,
thank you for your kind words.

@ButteMT: I think the B-6 is longer than the B-3. When I ordered the jacket I asked for original lenght. The jacket is a 42, but I´m sure it is longer than a regular 42. I´m 6`4" and have about 196 lb. The jacket was ordered directly at AERO in Galshiels.

Greeting from Bremen

Oliver

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
Shearling flight jackets are great eh?...

I've been wearing my Aero D1 (seal/seal) the last few weeks since the winter weather kicked in here in the UK.
The only good thing about winter is busting out warm jackets that are too much in milder temps.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Yeah, deluxestyling, that true! It was hard to have this nice brand new jacket in the cabinet the whole summer. I was always in trouble to pray for a long autuum or an early winter:D

alfyman

One of the Regulars
Dear loungers,

when I received my A2 38-1711 last spring there was also a B-6 in the package from Galashiels. It was direct stored in the cabinet.

Now, trätärätä, is this rigth time to pull it out. It is a "normal" B-6. I think the originally idea was to wear the B-6 over the uniform. I asked for a trim fit one, that allows to wear a pullover under it, but not more.

Perfect for low temperatures. Now at 0°C it is warm enough with a shirt. With a thick pullover it will bring me through sub zero days.
The wearing of a shearling jacket is completelly different to fqhh jackets. I have the feeling to wear nothing because it is so light and comfortable. First I was a little confused if I would like this feeling. Now I´m totally happy to have this jacket. It is so warm and cosy!!

Here it is:

5208504259_9a17d56826_z.jpg

5208504439_8b0d62a48a_z.jpg

5209240704_53f3fb239b_z.jpg

5209240466_224b88e667_z.jpg

5208642697_c26e380675_z.jpg

5208504595_5da14a1f12_z.jpg

5209102810_e32783b375_z.jpg

5208504947_854715dffa_z.jpg

5209103156_77da544f4d_z.jpg

Winter you can come!

Regards

Olli

I Love it..!! Thank you very much..

Rudie

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket and fantastic (out)fit, Oliver!

I have a suggestion concerning your ascot or neckerchief, though. With this patternend shirt try wearing a neckerchief with a much smaller or no pattern at all. I think it will look even better as mixing two patterns of the same size tends to be a little uneasy for the eyes.

AngryNJ

Familiar Face
I have a B-3 that I plan on selling since I have lost weight. I was considering the B-6, because the B-3 is a bit cumbersome due to its bulk.

The one thing I wish the B-6 had was the storm flap (extra bit of shearling) that the B-3 has. Do you think this could be a modification that could be done to an aero B-6?

Thanks for posting the pics of you B-6.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Beautiful jacket Oli. Love the American cold weather military jackets but have always thought the shearling would be a devil to keep clean particularly the sleeves and hem. I'd be too conscious of forever trying to steer clear of brushing up on muddy cars etc.

Gancho

One of the Regulars
Hello everybody,

my love to that jacket grow in the last days. It went teribble cold in northern Germany. Yesterday i vivisted the "HMS Ark Royal" that is in Hamburg at the moment. My son and I were outside the whole day, I never felt cold.

Cooperson

That's a great looking jacket Oliver, I like the length of it, the fit is perfect and you wear it well. Enjoy!

EmergencyIan

Great looking B6!

- Ian

Thank you both for the comment!

I Love it..!! Thank you very much..

It is a pleasure to share my jacket with you.

Dav

Very nice Gancho looks well smart.

andy richards

Wow! Looks great! Excellent choice, congratulations.
Andy

Hi Andy, Hi Dav,

thank YOU for posting to my tread.

Rudie

Great jacket and fantastic (out)fit, Oliver!

I have a suggestion concerning your ascot or neckerchief, though. With this patternend shirt try wearing a neckerchief with a much smaller or no pattern at all. I think it will look even better as mixing two patterns of the same size tends to be a little uneasy for the eyes.

Hi Rudie, good suggestion, merci! I wil look for such neckerchiefs in my locker.

Thx, Olli

ngryNJ

I have a B-3 that I plan on selling since I have lost weight. I was considering the B-6, because the B-3 is a bit cumbersome due to its bulk.

The one thing I wish the B-6 had was the storm flap (extra bit of shearling) that the B-3 has. Do you think this could be a modification that could be done to an aero B-6?

Thanks for posting the pics of you B-6.

Hi angryNJ,

thanks for your posting, too. I´m sure that AERO will ad a windflap if you ask for.

Olli

Bonneville

Beautiful jacket Oli. Love the American cold weather military jackets but have always thought the shearling would be a devil to keep clean particularly the sleeves and hem. I'd be too conscious of forever trying to steer clear of brushing up on muddy cars etc

Hello Bonneville,

nice to read your words.....

I think the sheepskin protect it self agains mud. Let´s see the jacket in half a year with so wear on it. i´ll post pictures.

Regards

Olli

Italian Dave

New in Town
Hello, really nice jacket, I also have a B-6 (by Schott) and I completely agree on having some intermediate between A-2 and B-3. Which I incidentally own too, both by Schott (huge fan of Schott)

Dave E

One of the Regulars
I'm getting very tempted by the idea of a B-6, and that is making it even more tempting. Heavy enough to be warm, but not over the top and unwearable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo