Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero B6

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Hello all,

I just received my brand new Aero B6 in seal brown sheepskin with seal trims...and she's a beaut! Big thanks to Holly at Aero for being so helpful and patient during the ordering process...it was worth the wait.

As some of you will know, I decided to sell my Aero 15142 A2 that I bought a few months back - it just wasn't the right cut of A2 for me, and I hope to get myself and Eastman Slender or Aero Bronco at some point next year. In the interim, I felt like now was the perfect time to scratch my sheepskin itch with the B6.

I had always liked the look of sheepskins, but wasn't keen on the bulkiness and sheer size of the B3 or Irvin. The much simpler D1 appealed to me visually, but allegedly fits like a sack - so the trimmer, tapered B6 seemed like the logical route to go down.

The jacket fits perfectly. I have a 45 inch chest, am 6'3 and this size 46 with a 28 inch back and 27.5 sleeves fits me great. I am surprised by how slim fitting a jacket this is - even with the side zips undone, there is a tremendous amount of shape through the body. Despite this, it's incredibly comfortable to wear, and I can easily fit an extra layer underneath it too.

I cannot fault the quality of construction either (thank you to Tony Glover for doing such a good job making this one, sir!). The sheepskin is amazingly soft and fluffy at the moment - although I presume it will wear down as time goes on - and this is a jacket that definitely feels like it will keep me warm when the temperatures drop in the coming weeks.

In short, it's my perfect sheepskin!

Asaha

Familiar Face
Looks great. Congratulations

I got an Eastman slender A2, probably a month ago and it's absolutely awesome.

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Looks great. Congratulations

I got an Eastman slender A2, probably a month ago and it's absolutely awesome.

The slender certainly is a beautiful jacket - the profile with the slimmer sleeves/torso is the look I am after when it comes to the A2. I will have to email Eastman and see if they will do a long version of it...

Asaha

Familiar Face
The slender certainly is a beautiful jacket - the profile with the slimmer sleeves/torso is the look I am after when it comes to the A2. I will have to email Eastman and see if they will do a long version of it...
Rob from Eastman told me, they can do long version but it's worth checking it again. The got the stock size and I love the fit. Yes it's bit snug, but I find it perfect tbh.

Stand By

One Too Many
Very nice indeed and it's always nice to see a good review and with a shout out included as to who made it too.
Fret not about the fluffy fleece. Wear the jacket as much as possible and in as inclement weather as is sensible too and time will take care of that nicely.
And wear it in good health, Sir.

Oh, and you may like to consider perhaps some nice A-10 gloves to go with it. A nice combo. Sorted!

s4rmark

One of the Regulars
Your jacket looks superb .The B-6 is a lovely jacket , ideal for the British autumn/early winter weather . I have an eastman roughwear version and I love it. A very comfortable, easy wearing jacket. Enjoy.

MeachamLake

A-List Customer
Very nice indeed and it's always nice to see a good review and with a shout out included as to who made it too.
Fret not about the fluffy fleece. Wear the jacket as much as possible and in as inclement weather as is sensible too and time will take care of that nicely.
And wear it in good health, Sir.

Oh, and you may like to consider perhaps some nice A-10 gloves to go with it. A nice combo. Sorted!

Been eyeing up some A-10s for a while now. Also liking the look of the M-387G sheepskin trimmed gloves from Eastman as well!

rocketeer

Call Me a Cab
Hello all,

I just received my brand new Aero B6 in seal brown sheepskin with seal trims...and she's a beaut! Big thanks to Holly at Aero for being so helpful and patient during the ordering process...it was worth the wait.

Oi Where's the smartphone? And worse, no Zombie Strangle hold to check the arm length ;)
Great jacket and fit mate, I want one.

Stand By

One Too Many
Been eyeing up some A-10s for a while now. Also liking the look of the M-387G sheepskin trimmed gloves from Eastman as well!

I would recommend the A-10 gloves with that jacket as it’s for colder temps and the A-10s are warmer. The 387Gs are superb and soft and of great quality, but are not quite as warm and are open around the wrist, which you’ll notice on a cold day! They suit the days when an A2 or G-1 will suffice. But a good pair of A-10s is the way to go. I just got another pair (red knits this time) of Buzz Ricksons from HPA and was surprised at how much longer the cut was in the body and the cuff sat higher on the wrist with this pair. That’ll be even better than the other pair for the bleak mid-winter when there’s a windchill and I’m wearing the B3.
And I got the A-10s to replace my 387Gs which the dog got a hold of one and couldn’t be repaired.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner