Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new aero half belt arrived!!

Don Tomaso

A-List Customer
...I feel like it's going to take months of wear to actually get broken-in. ...
Well, yes. :) At least, that's how I done it with my first Aero, a Long Half-Belt. As pointed out already, spraying water on it or walking through the rain - with a hat, not an umbrella - will help. Mine didn't break in evenly but some parts get softer more quickly.
BTW, excellent fit, I must say. These jackets are addictive... ;)

D

Deleted member 16736

Enjoy it. Fit looks spot-on. Do you have a picture of the back?

frussell

One Too Many
I agree with the exaggerated arm movements. My long half belt felt like a cardboard box, and throwing my arms out in front of me like Frankenstein, and flapping my arms up as high as I could (only when alone) seemed to help, along with some elbow bending in different positions. The arm/back/underarm/shoulder area seemed to be the part that felt much better after doing this, which was the main area of discomfort. Whoever buys it on the Aero used page when they send my replacement will have a lot less work to do, as long as they are a giant, because it's a big mother!

Fanch

I'll Lock Up
I concur about the exaggerated arm movements that has made wearing my vintage FQHH much easier. Also kneading the arms with the opposite hands when worn has been helpful, as well as exaggerated movements while driving. I had serious reservations before actually buying a jacket with thick HH but have grown to love it. There's nothing quite like FQHH!

Sloan1874

I'll Lock Up
If you have a dog, take a ball and go and play with it for an hour. I found the throwing action really helps loosen up the arms.

Swoosed

One of the Regulars
get the jacket warm, drier or by the frurnace, this heats up the waxes that are making it stiff, then wear it outside for a while, it will conform to your movements. do this a few times. then after about 2 years it will be realy broken in LOL. that stuff is killer.

Brando11

A-List Customer
I put my FQHH HB Deluxe in the dryer for 10 mins to soften up the waxes; then put it on, zipped it up and wore it around the house all evening. Have done that half a dozen times now, plus used the kitchen dish spritzer to spray hot water on the sleeves. Then you can roll them up like a flannel shirt.

I put my FQHH HB Deluxe in the dryer for 10 mins to soften up the waxes; then put it on, zipped it up and wore it around the house all evening. Have done that half a dozen times now, plus used the kitchen dish spritzer to spray hot water on the sleeves. Then you can roll them up like a flannel shirt.
That's the way! I've done that at least 12x on my 50's HBD. Not a great shot, but shows some of the wear...
259ef1c268743c4cd0140593d8c6bdb0.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran