Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Halfbelt Deluxe...

blethook

One of the Regulars
So after a long wait (since November last year) my new Aero Halfbelt Deluxe has finally arrived (yesterday) :D

It's size 38 in midweight jerky seal HH but surprisingly quite hefty at 1.9 kg!!

The hide is still stiff, shiny, & smooth being new and all...though I am sure the "stiffness" is nothing in comparison to their FQHH.

Hopefully we'll see a bit more of cold spell here in England so at least I can break it in a bit, perhaps just to soften it up a tad...:)

Here are quick pics of the brand spanking new jacket. The actual colour of the hide is best represented in the 1st photo.

halfbeltdeluxe001.jpg

halfbeltdeluxe002.jpg

halfbeltdeluxe003.jpg

Edward

Bartender
Crackin' looking jacket. Interesting option you went for in the hide. Aero's FQHH has a deservedly great reputation, just a shame that all their other fantastic hides are somehow in its shadow. At some point, I'd quite like a black Aero leather in one of the lighter hides, probably a Happy Days, maybe in the medium horse or a steer. The seal(?) on yours looks stunning.

blethook

One of the Regulars
Hi all,

Thanks for the kind remarks. Yes, I am ecstatic to finally receive jacket. I just wished it had come a month, or two sooner :D

It probably took them a day at the most to actually make the jacket, but I guess the queue is extremely long…

To answer the questions:

I picked MW HH (jerky, seal) because I think it’s the best hide that I’ve ever come across. I do have another Aero Jacket in FQHH (vintage brown) which I think is also great (still breaking that one in) but I just think their MW HH (jerky seal) is the best.

The true colour of the hide is rather difficult to capture, it would appear. It is dark, but at the same time depending on the light, you can also see the red undertone. I’m including a close up photo of the hide, but probably won’t be representative since it’s still very smooth & new. So, I’m also including a couple of photos of my Anniversary A-2 (also in jerky seal MW HH) to show what the hide looks like when it’s broken in.

halfbeltdeluxe008.jpg

JacketBackAugust2010.jpg

Aero15142-PLaidFlat.jpg

Re modifications:
  • Trimmer fit all around
  • The collar is based on Aero Anniversary A-2, including the stud fasteners under the collar. Smaller collar works better for me since my neck is rather short :)
  • Straw/natural coloured thread to accentuate the delicate stitching
  • Horizontal chest pocket (not slanted)
  • Extra 0.5” on the body length, because I like my jacket a bit long. The total length is 25.5” which is more or less the same length as an A-2 jacket (including the waist band).
I think my preference in jackets has shifted from pure military jackets to the more practical utility jackets. I definitely didn’t want something with jersey cuffs & waistband.

The fit is great - I was wearing my long sleeve shirt (& a T-shirt underneath) in the photos. I think it would be a bit too tight if I have a sweater over the shirt.

Thanks again,
B.

deluxestyling

One of the Regulars
I agree totally, great style and fit.

Unlike many here I'm not a fan of the very heavy hides and a mid weight horse hide is as heavy as I will now go.

I've been considering this model form Aero as it keeps coming up as a favourite.

Can I ask one question... If you have items in the front cargo pockets like keys, mobile phone etc is it still possible or comfortable to use the handwarmer pockets as you are in the last picture?

jack miranda

A-List Customer
Very nice jacket. I really like

the neutral thread stitiching; it really 'lights' the jacket up. I agree with about the WH HH--it is heavy enough. You've made thoughtful decisions all along the line, blethook; the results are fantastic! Thank you for the pics.

blethook

One of the Regulars
Can I ask one question... If you have items in the front cargo pockets like keys, mobile phone etc is it still possible or comfortable to use the handwarmer pockets as you are in the last picture?

Your hands will definitely feel the items in the cargo pockets, especially if they're something bulky. They will be in the way, but not impossible to still put your hands in the handwarmer pockets.

Given the depth of the cargo pockets I think they are more suitable for long-ish & flat items like documents, etc. A mobile phone would not be a problem, but it'll be difficult to take it out of the deep cargo pocket while wearing the jacket.

JanSolo

Practically Family
Great looking jacket. The hide looks beautiful and the fit is very good! I had a sample of their jerky HH and I was really surpised by the fact that it's actually not much lighter or thinner than FQHH. What colour did you specify for the top stitching? It looks like caramel or very light brown.
Again great jacket!!!

EDIT: Sorry, I overread the fact that you went for straw coloured thread. I like it!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner