Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Ridley D Pocket!

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
Apologies for resuming this old thread but has anyone ever got a Ridley directly from Aero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Mich486,

The Ridley is one of our Thurston designs that is only available through us. We have Ridley customers all over the world, so whether you are within the US or somewhere else, we'll have no trouble fitting you!

Mich486

One Too Many
Thanks all guys for your replies. I live in England hence my interest in whether I could get that from Aero directly. How would it work if I’d buy from Thurston? Scotland -> US -> England + import charges? That can’t be right :) has anybody ever done that?

I like the trim fit of the Ridley and I cannot find on the Aero page anything comparable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gav

Practically Family
Importing an aero back fro Thurston is a crazy idea. What a waste of resources!

SpeedRcrX

One Too Many
If you ask Aero they would have no trouble to sell you a Ridley.

I had the same problem when I ordered my Sheene, it was a Thurston design but being in France I saw no advantage to order from the US. So I asked Aero and they told me it was not a problem and could directly order a Sheene from them.

Carrie @ Thurston Bros.

Sponsoring Affiliate
If you ask Aero they would have no trouble to sell you a Ridley.

I had the same problem when I ordered my Sheene, it was a Thurston design but being in France I saw no advantage to order from the US. So I asked Aero and they told me it was not a problem and could directly order a Sheene from them.

Hi SpeedRcrX,

The Sheene isn't a Thurston pattern whereas the Ridley actually is. We did name the Sheene and come up with the look (inspired by a Bates jacket from the 60s), but it is still an Aero Cafe Racer pattern!

RMF308

One of the Regulars
Fully agree to purchase through Carrie as it’s a Thurston design. I actually just recently placed an order for a Ridley D-pocket in Blackened Brown vicenza. When Thurston writes up the order for the Ridley, the order is longer than most Aero style orders, as a Ridley order require more details for the spec.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points