Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Aero Ridley D Pocket!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Hmmm I hate to say it but that jacket looks fantastic... Ah'm jealous... can't pull off that style. Looks great on you though... (mumble... grumble). Just kidding. I love the color and the fit. Well done.

Worf

sweetfights

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Hello Fellow TFLers,

I was browsing the Thurston Bros site (which is a very dangerous thing to do ;)) and saw this stunning Aero Ridley size 38 in Dark Seal Vincenza on the featured Stock page. The measurements looked similar to my Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza which I ordered over the summer. I have been looking for a nice moto cross zip that wasn't black and had no belt. I was initially interested in ordering an Aero Bootlegger until this beauty became available.
I have received it today and WOW! It looks, smells and feels awesome! I really like the grainiess of this batch of dark seal vicenza. The zippers, D pocket and snaps give it a vintage moto inspired look that isn't too over the top since it does not have epaulettes, a belt and no action back or shoulder gussets. The back is a simple one piece with a kidney panel.
The quality of leather, stitching etc. is typical Aero quality - one of the best in the market!

The Fit:
I was concerned about the fit since the P2P and bottom width was about an inch smaller than my Aero seven. However, Carrie assured me that it should fit fine.
In a nutshell, the jacket fit is so spot on and snug that it could have been painted on :p!
Arm length is perfect (I do not ride FYI), shoulder width is perfect (just like my Seven), Chest width is a little more snug than my seven but not noticeable and still comfortable. Where it is noticeable is the drop in width from the chest to the waist. I am able to close it just so and it is quite snug in the waist but not uncomfortable or significantly restricting. Basically, this jacket would force me to at least maintain my current weight because if I gain a few inches, it will not fit.:p I'm currently wearing the jacket as I type this and it is already starting to mold and loosen to my body type and it is already feeling more comfortable than when I initially put it on.

Here are some pics showing the fit. I was also able to wear a light merino wool turtleneck under it as well...enjoy (PS: don't mind the crappy background - it's already dark outside and I had to take shots indoors;))

WOW- stunningly perfect
enjoy

konadog

Practically Family
it's a great jacket and a perfect fit. but i'm guessing it's the quality of your photography that has all the praise coming in. terrific photos, man.

I'm really digging the lapel shape on this jacket. Looks wider/broader than the j-106, which is a good thing. I wonder if that's a design element of the Ridley or just the lighter hide that makes it appear that way? Gah either way I'm wanting a d pocket. Again.

Radz108

One of the Regulars
That looks incredible! The fit is perfect, and as you say, you can already see it's molding to fit you - the sleeves look awesome.
I have been wearing it almost non stop since I got it and "sucking up" the -9 degrees C temps here so I can keep breaking in the jacket. It's starting the crease more and the bottom hem is a tad looser now :)

Radz108

One of the Regulars
Nailed it again!!! How about some progress shots of that Seven? Its a good thing Carrie didn't bring this one to my fitting or Id probably have bought it myself!!!

Congrats
The Seven is breaking in nicely but I have not been wearing it too much lately since it's been quite cold here these past few weeks. The cotton drill in the seven is not has warm as the wool tartan in the Ridley.

Guppy

I'll Lock Up
Hello Fellow TFLers,

I was browsing the Thurston Bros site (which is a very dangerous thing to do ;)) and saw this stunning Aero Ridley size 38 in Dark Seal Vincenza on the featured Stock page. The measurements looked similar to my Aero Seven in Russet Vicenza which I ordered over the summer. I have been looking for a nice moto cross zip that wasn't black and had no belt. I was initially interested in ordering an Aero Bootlegger until this beauty became available.
I have received it today and WOW! It looks, smells and feels awesome! I really like the grainiess of this batch of dark seal vicenza. The zippers, D pocket and snaps give it a vintage moto inspired look that isn't too over the top since it does not have epaulettes, a belt and no action back or shoulder gussets. The back is a simple one piece with a kidney panel.
The quality of leather, stitching etc. is typical Aero quality - one of the best in the market!

The Fit:
I was concerned about the fit since the P2P and bottom width was about an inch smaller than my Aero seven. However, Carrie assured me that it should fit fine.
In a nutshell, the jacket fit is so spot on and snug that it could have been painted on :p!
Arm length is perfect (I do not ride FYI), shoulder width is perfect (just like my Seven), Chest width is a little more snug than my seven but not noticeable and still comfortable. Where it is noticeable is the drop in width from the chest to the waist. I am able to close it just so and it is quite snug in the waist but not uncomfortable or significantly restricting. Basically, this jacket would force me to at least maintain my current weight because if I gain a few inches, it will not fit.:p I'm currently wearing the jacket as I type this and it is already starting to mold and loosen to my body type and it is already feeling more comfortable than when I initially put it on.

Here are some pics showing the fit. I was also able to wear a light merino wool turtleneck under it as well...enjoy (PS: don't mind the crappy background - it's already dark outside and I had to take shots indoors;))

It just doesn't get any better than that, and the Ridley definitely looks best with a D-pocket. Fit is perfect.

Mich486

One Too Many
Apologies for resuming this old thread but has anyone ever got a Ridley directly from Aero?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AeroFan_07

I'll Lock Up
^^ Might help a little more if you share what you are thinking/concerned about, etc. We don't know where you are located, we don't know what you are looking to learn. Many of us here in the US get these through Thurston Brothers as the fit jacket and fit process help so much with assuring a great fit and options list. I own a J106 with a D-pocket and really love it, it was ordered through Thurston (they add sleeve length and body length to each jacket) however I bought it from the original owner. Hope this at least starts to help with your question. Be verbose - there's no word limit here! :)

Edward

Bartender
My understanding is that Aero produce a few models for Thurston that they don't directly have on their own website (I remember seeing one of the early, Buco-branded versions of the Ridley for Thurstons at the factory in Gala back in '14), but I believe they will make one for you if you order from them. (Certainly if you're outside the US).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
j2points