Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Route 66

PoohBang

Suspended
Tabasco Joe said:
It looks a little tight in the waist area. Is it supposed to be like that?

Actually I think the waist fits perfect. It's the top half of the jacket that looks too big imo, but I like a 30's cut jacket that's tight fitting.

blethook

One of the Regulars
Yes, it is a bit tight on the waist/hip. But I think that's the way the jacket is supposed to fit...

I guess it's an incentive to keep myself in shape :D

Here's couple of pics after +/- 1 month of wear (hardly noticeable :eek: )

Front
Route66Front.jpg

Back
Route66Back.jpg

Papa M

A-List Customer
I agree - this jacket is breaking in very nicely after one month. I love the hide; but I'm inclined to agree with others who express dislike of the pocket closure tabs and also that over drawn-in waist.

I recently acquired an Aero California which is a similar but preferable shape, in my opinion, and without the pocket closures. Whoever I got it from should have kept it.

Oh bugger: it was you!

Seriously Erwin: Your new Route 66 is looking fantastic. Let me know when you want to get rid.

Best wishes
Papa Mundele

P5640blouson

One of the Regulars
Looks good!

Looks like it was designed to look that way at the waist.

Boy that zipper is beautiful, will you tell us, how is that zipper compared with modern locking zippers like RiRi, etc? Is it 10mm teeth or 8mm large teeth?

blethook

One of the Regulars
Papa M,

The Route 66 is at least 1 size smaller than the Californian, so no chance it'll fit you lol

The Route 66 may be a tad too long on the body as such it lands past my waist and on my upper hip, instead. But then I wouldn't like too much if the jacket is too short...I'm sure it'll conform to my body in no time.

The button closure actually works well. The leather tab has now become soft as such I can button up & unbutton easily. The only thing I would do differently is to add an internal pocket, perhaps.

P5640blouson,
Re the teeth size, I think it's 6 mm. I think for FQHH the zipper rather small & weak, so I have to be gentle when zipping up & down (have got a replacement Crown, but my one & only!)

deanglen

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Great jacket you have there! I have an L-2A reproduction from Alpha that I've used to incentivize weight loss. Not a bad motivator for you , at all! Very nice!

dean

Mark P

Familiar Face
Lining

I really like that lining, and the modifications you've requested to the standard design look very good, in a way you've got your own design there.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Well, looks like the wait is over... and yesterday my Aero Route 66 finally arrived...

(Vintage FQHH which is not as cardboard-like as the regular FQHH, but still stiff and heavy!!)

Front side...
AeroRoute66_Front01.jpg

AeroRoute66_Front02.jpg

AeroRoute66_FrontFlat.jpg

Backside...
AeroRoute66_Back02.jpg

AeroRoute66_Back01.jpg

It's fitted with a NOS Crown zipper...
AeroRoute66_ZipLining.jpg

Hope you'll enjoy the pics, and I'm going to be busy breaking it in I am sure...:D

Erwin

Oh my, ....I see this beauty in my future! Is there medication one can get to help with this?

slicker63

Familiar Face
Just went to have a look at those fantastic tartans.... wish I had a week to go through all 500 of them !!..... beautiful jacket and lining by the way!!

archeradams

New in Town
Looks fabulous! I am a huge fan of the Vintage FQ Horsehide in all colours. What's fun is when I align all the various leather samples I have on the counter in the shop and compare and contrast them.
I realise this sounds a bit sad!

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
Looks fabulous! I am a huge fan of the Vintage FQ Horsehide in all colours. What's fun is when I align all the various leather samples I have on the counter in the shop and compare and contrast them.
I realise this sounds a bit sad!

I do the same thing :), however the Aero vintage fqhh sample I recently received doesn't look anywhere as dark as the jacket above which to my mind looks pretty close the the regular brown fqhh sample. The jacket design is really great. I hope blethook can/will post some out of doors pictures now that he's had it for a bit.

Last edited:

archeradams

New in Town
the Aero vintage fqhh sample I recently received doesn't look anywhere as dark as the jacket above which to my mind looks pretty close the the regular brown fqhh sample.

I think the nature of the tanning process and the different hides make exact matches impossible so we have to be open minded about the final result.

Bonneville

One of the Regulars
I think the nature of the tanning process and the different hides make exact matches impossible so we have to be open minded about the final result.

The vintage sample I recently received doesn't look nearly as nice or as rich in tone as the 'vintage' fqhh jacket above.

UWEZ

New in Town
It's abeautiful jacket! When I see it, on the upper body it fits nicely, but in the waiste it is too tight, because your side-straps are more than 100% open. That's also the reason why it folds up over your waiste.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy