Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Aero Sale Gaberdine B10

elnico

New in Town

Last edited:

elnico

New in Town
Very nice.

Unfortunately my bank manager (and wife) would kill me if I bought another jacket.

Can't be too bad when your Wife is your bank manager ... She could sort you out a loan ... or extend your overdraft for a fee...say... washing the pots for a week maybe? .. or at least loading the dishwasher!:D

elnico

New in Town
Very good fit, what size is it?

Thank you very much..I must say I feel very lucky with the Fit as its a standard 44...

I requested the exact measurements off Amanda before making the decision and found that they were exactly the same as my custom made Highwayman: 25" shoulder to end of sleeve. 21" shoulder to shoulder and 26 from bottom of collar to bottom of back.

I was initially going for a 46 on the safe side but apart from the chest measurement the only difference was an extra inch across the shoulders and 1/2 inch in length.. I wanted a traditional snug fit and its fine.

Amanda told me that as its a sale item the Gabardine B10's cannot be custom made to fit but come in the standard sizes. However you can choose what colour you want for the collar!!

Lovely.

Dave E

One of the Regulars
That's very, very nice. Didn't think much of them to look at the Aero website, but seeing your pics has made me look again!

elnico

New in Town
Good looking jacket and a great fit as well. BTW, did you end up selling your Highwayman?

Thanks for the pics!

Regards, coffee

You're very welcome! and it means a lot to have such nice comments from all you guys who truly have an eye for these things..

Thankfully I have kept my lovely Highwayman..as it did not reach the reserve so I am now the proud owner of 2 Aero jackets... my lady was not so happy but I now have a few gigs booked to cover the cost of this Christmas present to myself and also all the other presents I brought her and the rest of the family.... consumer bribery or good will... who cares!! as long as we are all happy!:)

elnico

New in Town
Wool gab, rayon, or what?

I am not an expert on these matters yet.. but when I first spoke to Will at Aero on the phone about these jackets he told me it is a really good quality wool Gabardine..very tough ..... of which he has a very limited supply.. like he said "when its gone...its gone... and no more.. ." hence the sale price... not one for the WW2 purists out there but a really good quality jacket.

A really nice touch is the Aero Medical Labs Clothing Branch experimental Test Sample label on the inside to show it as being possibly some new material the Aaf were trying out... works for me.. who knows! maybe there is a real WW2 Gaberdine B10 out there somewhere!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zibounou