Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Akubra Leisure Time in regency fawn

glider

A-List Customer
I think the ribbon that came on it was nice, I liked it. What I can see of the ribbon you put on it is nice also, photobucket blocks most of it.

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
I have a Regency Fawn Leisure Time and think it's a very nice hat. I avoid wearing it in summer because it is lined and has no vents, and it gets hot. (In the summer, I wear my Sand Cattleman - wider brim, lighter color, no lining, six vents.) The Regency Fawn is a hard-to-photograph brown-gray that looks different in different light, but it matches with a wide variety of colors.

Only you can decide how much brim and/or lining vs. vents you need for the weather where you are and how you experience heat and cold. There are lots of good Akubras out there!

LeisureTime2.jpg

Doctor Strange

I'll Lock Up
For me, yes, the vents make a surprising difference. Face it, you're going to sweat with anything on your head in sun and heat, but I find the Cattleman no hotter than a straw hat. But compared to a straw hat it's nearly indestructible, mine's held up great through 13 summers of yard work and hiking. It was already over a decade old in this picture:

Cattleman2017.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner