Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Eastman B-3

CBI

One Too Many
thanks all - yes, been able to wear it in the super cold here - love it . its a size 44 (my size) I think its about 10 years old???

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
Here it is getting some use:

Looks fab!

Incidentally, I fell across a recently made series of B-3 which you guys might appreciate, as it really has a relic look to it -

Ralph Lauren last year made a few different shearlings, but one called the Bexley was modelled on Ralph Lauren's original B-3. They were about £2000 new, however I have seen several of them go for around £300 on the 'bay, as fashion owners don't list them as B-3 etc...

Here's what they look like;

LL

LL

LL

Nice alternative to ELC, AND potentially cheaper too :cool:

Smithy

I'll Lock Up
No offence but to my eyes the RL is not a patch on an ELC.

IMHO ELC have hit the nail on the head with their B-3s, the nicest B-3 repro out there at the mo.

Beautiful jacket CBI and the fit looks to be absolutely bang on. You're a happy man judging by the smile in that photo ;)

MightyEighth

Familiar Face
No offence but to my eyes the RL is not a patch on an ELC.

IMHO ELC have hit the nail on the head with their B-3s, the nicest B-3 repro out there at the mo.

Beautiful jacket CBI and the fit looks to be absolutely bang on. You're a happy man judging by the smile in that photo ;)

Agree, I would rather an ELC too... but the RL is a seriously nice jacket if you get one for £300!

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Just have to say....that's one GREAT pic of you in one GREAT jacket. Now just lose the Coverse All Star's and you'll be "crack a lack in". Just kiddin'

Worf

Stand By

One Too Many
Looks like one mighty fine B-3, CBI. You look as happy as I'd expect ! It's perfect.
My ELC RW B-3 is in daily use of course, as it has been for months now - this winter is unrelenting :)

CBI

One Too Many
thanks all!

Worf, I love Converse and PF Flyers, I own a ton of them. Most comfortable shoes I wear!

Vintage looking without spending an arm and a leg..........

zoran

Banned
Eastman B3 USAF is beautiful .It looks better than B3 50 call jacket.Is it lighter or havier?Do you know the total weight of the jacket?
Best
Zoran

Wow! Warm coat Saturday...
First off, Welcome to the Lounge Zoran! It's great to see all these cold weather coats and read from long gone members, but it might be. quicker just to post a thread asking your question rather than resurrecting 15 threads.
I think actually, you might be best off. emailing Charles @ History Preservation Assoc. or ask on the HPA thread.
Good luck with your jacket :)

Last edited:

CBI

One Too Many
thanks - no idea of the weight - its heavy and more cumbersome than my N-2/3 which is getting much more use. still, nothing like a B-3!!!!! Ok, an Irvin.

CBI

One Too Many
thanks Hendrix - wool military pants (German/Scandinavian). Super heavy duty I have 2 pairs for sale size 38 (but adjustable).

Hendrix

New in Town
thanks Hendrix - wool military pants (German/Scandinavian). Super heavy duty I have 2 pairs for sale size 38 (but adjustable).

Thanks mate, I only just found your reply. 38 might be slightly big, but if they're adjustable, that'd be good. How much for a pair?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnmichael