Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new favorite jacket custom Aero Sheene

Big7

One of the Regulars
I took a delivery today of my new custom jacket Aero Sheene .
Thanks to Carrie, and everyone else on the forum who helped me out with their suggestions about fit and design, because of your advice and feedback, it came out perfect size.
In the retrospect, I should of went with brown instead of cordovan, but it is still pretty cool and unique jacket :)
I opted for tumbled cxl, which was a good call, as it is very comfortable from the start with all of the properties of the regular heavy cxl FQHH .
Here are the specs:
STYLE- Aero Sheene (Café Racer with Highwayman Collar) with single “V” yoke (no shoulder
gussets and no interior kidney panel and no exterior kidney panel), Three-Pocket front (left side
horizontal chest pocket and two handwarmers) and Olive Drab stitching.
SIZE- 40 with 1 inch added to each side (this should widen the waist to 20.5-21 inches)
LEATHER- Heavy CXL FQHH
COLOUR- Tumbled Cordovan
ZIPPER METAL TYPE- Antique brass Talon main zipper (Sunburst box) with antique brass ball
and chain pulls on chest pocket and handwarmers
LINING- Patriot Talla Waverley Tweed (2528C/PRT/TL) wool lining with black cotton sateen in
sleeves
SLEEVE LENGTH- 25 inches (fit jacket is 26.5 inches)
BODY LENGTH- 26.25 inches (fit jacket is 26.25 inches)
INSIDE POCKETS- Left side vertical interior pocket with no closure

I'm 5'8 " 180 lbs, 43 chest, 36 waist
DjKix0s.jpg

oPCcGEq.jpg

dpCUrRd.jpg

XvAT3if.jpg

Ts3DsN1.jpg

BB2VelA.jpg

BCTTbt1.jpg

zuEWSgD.jpg

AbbaDatDeHat

I'll Lock Up
I took a delivery today of my new custom jacket Aero Sheene .
Thanks to Carrie, and everyone else on the forum who helped me out with their suggestions about fit and design, because of your advice and feedback, it came out perfect size.
In the retrospect, I should of went with brown instead of cordovan, but it is still pretty cool and unique jacket :)
I opted for tumbled cxl, which was a good call, as it is very comfortable from the start with all of the properties of the regular heavy cxl FQHH .
Here are the specs:
STYLE- Aero Sheene (Café Racer with Highwayman Collar) with single “V” yoke (no shoulder
gussets and no interior kidney panel and no exterior kidney panel), Three-Pocket front (left side
horizontal chest pocket and two handwarmers) and Olive Drab stitching.
SIZE- 40 with 1 inch added to each side (this should widen the waist to 20.5-21 inches)
LEATHER- Heavy CXL FQHH
COLOUR- Tumbled Cordovan
ZIPPER METAL TYPE- Antique brass Talon main zipper (Sunburst box) with antique brass ball
and chain pulls on chest pocket and handwarmers
LINING- Patriot Talla Waverley Tweed (2528C/PRT/TL) wool lining with black cotton sateen in
sleeves
SLEEVE LENGTH- 25 inches (fit jacket is 26.5 inches)
BODY LENGTH- 26.25 inches (fit jacket is 26.25 inches)
INSIDE POCKETS- Left side vertical interior pocket with no closure

I'm 5'8 " 180 lbs, 43 chest, 36 waist
DjKix0s.jpg

oPCcGEq.jpg

dpCUrRd.jpg

XvAT3if.jpg

Ts3DsN1.jpg

BB2VelA.jpg

BCTTbt1.jpg

zuEWSgD.jpg
Beautiful color! Brown’s everywhere man. The Cordo is bitchin!!
I’d wear the hell outta that one!
Bowen

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Beautiful! Really looks great! Looks like a great addition to your B3! Makes waiting for my cordovan jacket even harder!!

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Big7

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. Yeah, Im glad I have asked before about fit, and sized down. Tumbled cxl is amazing, I like it much better than regular cxl.
It is not as bright in person, it is velvia setting on my Fuji camera makes all of the colors pop to much. It is more like brownish red or reddish brown color

AlexB

One of the Regulars
Thanks guys. Yeah, Im glad I have asked before about fit, and sized down. Tumbled cxl is amazing, I like it much better than regular cxl.
It is not as bright in person, it is velvia setting on my Fuji camera makes all of the colors pop to much. It is more like brownish red or reddish brown color

It’s interesting you chose a size 40 with 43 chest measurement. For example I have a 44.5 chest and went with a 46 BR. Isn’t the basic size a reference to chest circumference?

Big7

One of the Regulars
It’s interesting you chose a size 40 with 43 chest measurement. For example I have a 44.5 chest and went with a 46 BR. Isn’t the basic size a reference to chest circumference?

I tried cafe racer in size 42 first, but was recommended by the forum members with a similar size to go down to 40 with added width in the middle
You can check the link below
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-aero-sheene-fit-and-customizations.95659/#post-2490188

AlexB

One of the Regulars
I tried cafe racer in size 42 first, but was recommended by the forum members with a similar size to go down to 40 with added width in the middle
You can check the link below
https://www.thefedoralounge.com/threads/new-aero-sheene-fit-and-customizations.95659/#post-2490188

Thanks! Good read. It’s interesting how sizing varies between styles.
I was not aware that one could change the waist measurements. In my recent order Carrie told me that Aero only makes changes on arm and body length.
Anyways! Your jacket fits you perfect! Hopefully you’ll keep it to put some wear on it:)

El Marro

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Congratulations Big7!
Beautiful jacket and I think Cordovan was the perfect choice.

Last edited:

VestCoast

A-List Customer
Great fit and lovely jacket. The Sheene pattern is leather perfection. You put together a great make-up, the cordovan is a great choice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ