Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Goodwear No-Name 42-18246-p

• Thread starter Deleted member 16736
  • Start date

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Keep me in mind if you grow tired of that one... if you think I can squeeze into it that is.. Im a big fan of the A-1.

Son.... I will NEVER grow tired of Capeskin!!!! Funny I sometimes just sit and look at the amazing grain, marveling at the colors and it's soft and supple texture. If you've never seen it in the flesh you'd never believe leather could look or feel like that. Seriously, I know I sound like a deranged junkie but it's true.

Worf

bretron

Call Me a Cab
Son.... I will NEVER grow tired of Capeskin!!!! Funny I sometimes just sit and look at the amazing grain, marveling at the colors and it's soft and supple texture. If you've never seen it in the flesh you'd never believe leather could look or feel like that. Seriously, I know I sound like a deranged junkie but it's true.

Worf

All that comes to mind is "It puts the lotion on the skin, or it gets the hose again" :D

Boyo

Call Me a Cab

Worf

Never hurts to ask!

Well, one thing that I don't "get" is folks posting here then wanting people to not reply, request, or discuss something. If y'all want privacy and don't want to discuss things, don't post it up here. The reason I asked for pics is to try and help others - that to me is the primary purpose of this place. I don't personally care if you don't like your jacket - I didn't make it! But we as a group seem to love positive attention but get all defensive when shizzle goes bad. I've flipped more jackets than I currently own by 10-1. I know what it's like to want the perfect jacket.
I don't think anyone was picking a fight Joel - just trying to learn. Sorry the jacket didn't work out. It's a bummer of a feeling.

HD, I gave my exact measurements. This is a game of inches and half-inches. Personally, I was surprised myself that 26.5" wasn't long enough. My usual sleeve length is 26". But if the torso is snug and there's no pleat in the back, you need extra length. Plus the A-2 in general is an uncomfortable design to begin with. Anyway, it's not as big a deal to me and it is to others. I don't know why and don't care.

As for wear pics, I don't need to convince anybody that it fits except myself and I don't want to keep re-living this utterly irrelevant issue. And I don't want to have to borrow a camera again just to prove to anyone that I was right. Right or wrong, I want to move on.

Meanwhile, the jacket is listed again for $750.

Joel
I can surely understand that. There comes a point when fussing with a jacket that is disappointing becomes an unnecessary continuing headache. There is no fix or reason to keep looking for one for that jacket. Better to rid yourself of it. Hopefully,though,that experience has helped to better determine the next one. Either a different style or a try on jacket might help solve the fit problem.
Good luck
HD

Worf

I'll Lock Up
Never hurts to ask!

No it don't... as my Daddy used to say... "Don't ask... cain't git". Actually I may eventually "pass it on" if I find someone it fits better and who'll wear it and appreciate it. NOT my son (as he's currently constituted) that's for sure.

Worf

D

Deleted member 16736

Best coast? What have I missed? Anyway, all's well that ends well. The jacket is sold back to John. Amazing. I said once you don't buy the jacket, you buy the jacket maker. I was right for once. It pays to do business with people you can trust.

pauleway

Practically Family
Best coast? What have I missed? Anyway, all's well that ends well. The jacket is sold back to John. Amazing. I said once you don't buy the jacket, you buy the jacket maker. I was right for once. It pays to do business with people you can trust.

We all understand about how we want a jacket to fit correctly. Just hope that for 1/2", Goodwear doesn't go Soup Nazi on you and tell you "No Soup (Jacket) for you - 2 years"!!:eusa_doh::D

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn