Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Hat

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
I can't wait for this to arrive in the mail! It should match my favorite early 40s coat perfectly (deep cranberry wool with a wide fox collar.) What luck!

6f_3.JPG

39_3.JPG

I have two coat and hat sets now--my other favorite jacket is a late 30s number, made of black faux seal fur, and I have a matching hat very similar to the one above, only in black and trimmed with seal fur.

Nevermind that I live in Arizona... :)

The Bingstress

Familiar Face
Divine!

That hat is gorgeous. Simple in design, yet intricate in appearance and very elegant. Please post a photo of you in the hat and your matching jacket after the package arrives! (Some of us have to live vicariously.) ;)

Hugs & blessings,
The Bingstress

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Oh yes, I'll definitely post pictures! 1940s hats are one of my secret obsessions...(well, that and vintage shoes, purses, dresses--you get the picture!) My husband, who thinks my closets are completely overstocked as it is, loves to roll his eyes when I tell him that I have nothing to wear! I reply with, hey, I don't comment on your model airplane collection...

jitterbugdoll

Call Me a Cab
Got my hat in the mail yesterday--what a beauty! I haven't had time to take any pictures, but I tried it on with my coat and the two match almost perfectly. They are almost the exact shade of cranberry wool, and although they are trimmed in different furs (the coat has a fox fur collar, and the hat has a marmot fur cuff) they match in color and texture. Plus, the hat has unusual seaming on the back (see the picture below) and the original elastic band for securing it underneath your hairdo. I can’t wait to wear it out!
6a_12_sb.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DapperBran