Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Johnson Leather Opus (pic and narrative heavy)

Cooperson

One Too Many
Great story, great result! Ordering a customised jacket is always fraught with danger, good to see a really satisfied owner. Enjoy your new jacket and wear it good health.

nick123

I'll Lock Up
Here's a sample of the Horween overdye after putting it through the tests. The leather has more sheen to it in person; not as dull as the photograph suggests. Have no fear regarding the leather split at the top of the picture, I think I may have taken a knife to it....with that being said, the leather will wear down to that grayish color initially and eventually hit the brown.

Last edited:

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
Here's a sample of the Horween overdye after putting it through the tests. The leather has more sheen to it in person; not as dull as the photograph suggests. Have no fear regarding the leather split at the top of the picture, I think I may have taken a knife to it....with that being said, the leather will wear down to that grayish color initially and eventually hit the brown.

I'm no expert; but while the color can wear down "eventually," it's isn't a fast process unless you rub it off yourself. When I was talking to Alan before deciding on the hide and was concerned about it "changing color," he said he saw a jacket he made some time previously and the color was pretty much the same as when new.

Last edited:

nick123

I'll Lock Up
I'm no expert; but while the color can wear down "eventually," it's isn't a fast process unless you rub it off yourself. When I was talking to Alan before deciding on the hide and was concerned about it "changing color," he said he saw a jacket he made some time previously and the color was pretty much the same as when new.

Yeah. It doesn't seem to be a quick process.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner