Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Stetson came in..

Firefyter-Emt

Familiar Face
What do you think? This is the $12.50 Stetson Catera"Gun Club" I won on e-bay last week. I really like the color, but I think the brim needs some work still. I had to flip the front down as it was flipped up, and the rear has an up-turn which I don't mind too much as I can wear it in my Jeep that way. What do you think, any thoughts on the brim?

Oh and it seems that the sweat band is breaking down a bit. The brown outer dye, color, ect is flaking a bit leaving the bare leather. I am not all too worried about the look, but because I have pretty much a shaved head, the band sits on my forehead and leaves these little brown flakes on my noggin!

Here is a photo, tell me what you think.;)
32109.jpg

And one more, my wife said I look too "sinister"
321092.jpg

CRH

Call Me a Cab
Firefyter-Emt said:

Here is a photo, tell me what you think.;)
32109.jpg

And one more, my wife said I look too "sinister"

Good choice, one of my favorite Stetson models. This hat is a good choice and can handle styles ranging from work to smart casual and everything in between.

Sinister? Not a chance lol.

Get some Lexol or Obenauf's.com to rescue the sweatband.

Daoud

One of the Regulars
Looks very nice! I wouldn't mess with the brim myself- it's good to go- you're just not used to the hat yet. A wide brim's very practical in sun and rain.

Ha, ha- looks like we run the same computer setup- a little laptop with a big computer's monitor and keyboard......gotta love it!

Firefyter-Emt

Familiar Face
Thanks, I will see if it grows on me first. Should the sides of the brim kind of stay straight with the slight up-kick in the rear?

The lap-top is work owned, and hooked to the main screen via a KVM switch. (keyboard, video, mouse sharing switch) My home computer (see below) uses that screen, but when I switch the KVM to the lap-top, the screen is in dual screen mode for the lap top. However, 95% of my lap-top usage is mobile and not in my office, [huh]

If you really want to see the super cool, hidden componets.... check this out. Its not motorized yet, just weighted counter balance, but its in the works.

You like? :D
320093.jpg

Daoud

One of the Regulars
That's too cool! Very James Bond, or perhaps Dr. Evil.

As far as your hat brim goes, there is no right or wrong way to wear it. Most of my hats end up looking that way, though- brim snapped down a bit in front, flat on the sides and flipped up slightly at the back.....I like it that way and also I suppose it's partly a consequence of hanging the hats on hooks in my locker at work, sitting in a car with a high head rest, etc. If I'm going to be out in the weather the brim is down all the way around, though. I guess the only hats I have that always stay down all the time are my widest-brimmed ones- a Resistol western hat, an Akubra Snowy River, and an Akubra slouch- to me, hats like that look odd with the brim worn up whatsoever.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn