Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Thedis: MTC-127915 and MTC-C127913

Seb Lucas

I'll Lock Up
There aren't all that many poorly made leather jackets around. I had a Korean made Banana Republic jacket from some years back that had some of the tightest, neatest stitching I've seen. The closest to indifferent quality in my experience is vintage Brooks where the lining is bad polyester and the stitching fairly random. But I still prefer the Brooks to many high end Buco J100 repros etc.

There aren't all that many poorly made leather jackets around. I had a Korean made Banana Republic jacket from some years back that had some of the tightest, neatest stitching I've seen. The closest to indifferent quality in my experience is vintage Brooks where the lining is bad polyester and the stitching fairly random. But I still prefer the Brooks to many high end Buco J100 repros etc.
I bought a jacket from Ali Express that was sewn together so well it looked fake. I hear you about the Brooks jacket. It's a pattern that's nearly impossible to top and in trying to do so there's always a bit of disappointment as something just gets lost in the translation. I recreated my two fav CR's kehoe (blue) and Bates (blue and white) with my Aero CR and have received nowhere near as many comments. That blue Kehoe and my blue bates received more comments of appreciation than any of the jackets I've ever owned. Both under $200 and both somehow not mine anymore. All thanks to the pursuit.

I really want something like this, tho I'd prefer to delete the chest flaps.
View attachment 130126
Here's a nice one...
Real McCoys Deadwood:
Screen Shot 2018-08-09 at 3.16.57 PM.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aronhoustongy