Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Vanson Chopper

felix03

One of the Regulars
I'm super excited about my new Vanson Chopper that arrived earlier this week from Insurrection/Thurston. Specs: black competition weight, two-way front zip, size medium. What do you think?
uge6urym.jpg
3uqyvu4y.jpg
hadyquty.jpg
babyhura.jpg
ze5a6u6u.jpg

Last edited:

Vespizzare

A-List Customer
I also think it looks fantastic. That "Competition" cowhide is like iron.

If HD gives it his seal of approval, you done good!

DON'T BE HASTY WITH FRENCH PASTRY.

Last edited:

winterland1

Practically Family
Not real familiar with that style but being you are actually using it to ride it looks like a great fit. Good length in the arms.

Edward

Bartender
Nice jacket - reminds me a lot of the early 70s style Lewis Leathers Monza (still in production, of course). Goes well with the bike!

mattp

One of the Regulars
Looks good, did you get custom sizing or 'off the rack'? Nice boots too, are they Red Wings?

Safe riding!

My favorite piece from Vanson, one that I hope to own one day. Fit is as good as it gets. And man, I love that bike...

Jägernaut

Practically Family
Just about my size. That gives a good reference for me. Do you find it to be heavier than your aero cafe racer?

felix03

One of the Regulars
Aero FQHH cafe racer in a 38 weighs exactly 6 lbs. Competition weight Vanson Chopper in an M weighs exactly 7 lbs. Btw, I wear a size 34 pants. Hope this helps

2wheelgrplr

A-List Customer
felix03 - the Vanson Chopper jacket looks good on you! I have the same jacket, off the rack, no two-way zipper and plain black cotton lining. It's super thick, heavy and the BOMB! Will need to wear it for a while before it's broken in. Interestingly, I'm 5'10" or so, weigh around 178 lbs. Mine's a size Medium too and it fits me well, on the snug side - cannot layer much underneath.

That's me in post # 1624, page 163 of Insurrection/Thruston bros affiliate thread: http://www.thefedoralounge.com/show...urston-Bros-Official-Affiliate-Thread/page163

Oh, and that's a really neat bike too! If I buy another bike in the US I'll seriously have to consider the Moto Guzzi V7 alongside my first choice Triumph Bonneville/Scrambler. Current old BMW tends to be a bit quirky at times! Back in Asia I'm making do with a Royal Enfield for now.

felix03

One of the Regulars
2wheelgrplr, looking good! Fits you well. Yeah, I got the 2-way zip to prevent the jacket pushing up into my chin in the riding position. I hear you about the break-in. It's gonna be a long struggle but I'm looking forward to it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RacerJ