Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My new Vintage Borsalino!

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
37_1_ba.jpg

56_1_ba.jpg

36_1_ba.jpg

B
T

Bebop

Practically Family
That is one fine looking hat. Looks like something I would go for in a heart beat. How new and how vintage is it? I like the cat peering over the top of the crown. Nice.

jeboat

One of the Regulars
Vintage borsalino hat

Where did you find the hat? I don't see vintage Borsies in that shape on Ebay...

jeboat :cool2: :cool2: :cool2:

Not-Bogart13

Call Me a Cab
Very nice hat. From the first shot I thought it was new! I think a wider ribbon would make that one look somewhat mobsterish.... not that that's a bad thing :cool2:

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
The hat came from Europe, that's where I'm at.
It cost more than I would have liked but I think it's well worth the 100 bucks it cost. It was actually a gift from my Wife.
It's worth the 100 to me at least- for a nice hat.

I like the fatter ribbons too but I like the proportions of this hat a lot the way it is. I think the narrow ribbon and edged brim make the most of it- sophisticated, simple, elegant and suitable for most occasions :)

B
T

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
that style called the alessandria has been a classsic for almost 50 years.It's still in Borsalino's line.
Enjoy!!

hatflick1

Practically Family
BORSALINO STYLE

Well, after days of cyber silence my system is up and running again. Anyway, Peter Brothers Hats of Ft. Worth offers a similarly shaped Borsalino. As a matter of fact, their website shows the half dozen blocks they offer on the Borsalino fedora. Just passing it along. Nice to be back!

Matt Deckard

Man of Action
besdor said:
that style called the alessandria has been a classsic for almost 50 years.It's still in Borsalino's line.
Enjoy!!

I want to make a correction, Allesandria is a city not a style, and all Borsalino hats say Allesandria in the lining.

The current version of that hat looks pretty much the same as it did in the 40's, the only difference is that on the modern version the felt is junk. Give me a vintage Borsalino any day of the week.

besdor

Vendor/Sponsor
Matt , the style called Alessandria has been around for years . It's printed on the leather sweatband . The hats do come from Alessandria Italy but the company named the hat after the town .

fedoralover

Call Me a Cab
BT, that is indeed a gorgeous borsalino. That style and era was great. The new Allessandria's are complete garbage, someone ought to contact Borsalino and tell them to clean up their act. We have all been privy here to some hatters telling exactly how much these felt bodies cost and it wouldn't break them to spend 30 dollars on a decent felt body to make a great hat. They must invest about $2.50 on the current one's they are using. By the way BT, I'd like to see that hat on your noggin. Don't be shy.

fedoralover

jonbuilder

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Are Alessandria & Allesandria different spellings for the same hat model? Perhaps Alessandria print on the sweat refers to the hat model and
allesandria printed on the lining is not related to the hat model?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akubraacornfawn