Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My New Wheels.....................

1930artdeco

Practically Family
If you don't know yet, the four door models 29,30, early 31 all had wood bodies covered in sheet metal. They will be more expensive to buy because people want them to take families and grand kids around town in. They are probably the most expensive Model A's to restore as well, with certain exceptions. The rest of the cars will use wood just to tack the interior to, that and the roof has wood bows. Good hunting.

Mike

31 Model A

A-List Customer
Turn signals are seeming more and more like a good idea. I just joined the Ford Barn -- looks like they've got everything covered, again, thank you for the recommendation. I am not sure what I am going to name mine yet, I have always liked Effie-Mae. The name seems to conjure up the image of a bonnet-wearing southern belle.

There were quite a few Model A's on Craigslist, but I believe the ads may have expired, most of them seemed pretty solid.

I did a lot of searches on eBay Motors....but the shipping cost can become a hefty additional cost. See ya on the Barn.............

SamSpade

New in Town
If you don't know yet, the four door models 29,30, early 31 all had wood bodies covered in sheet metal. They will be more expensive to buy because people want them to take families and grand kids around town in. They are probably the most expensive Model A's to restore as well, with certain exceptions. The rest of the cars will use wood just to tack the interior to, that and the roof has wood bows. Good hunting.

Mike

No, I didn't know that. Looks like that fella with Hagerty (365 days of A) must have really got the bang for his buck then. I settle with the coupe any day.

hatguy1

One Too Many
It was a crisp clear morning, the sun had risen about an hour as I pulled out of the driveway. Took my time, stopped for breakfast, had steak and eggs, hash browns with onions, white toast and coffee. Traffic was subsiding as I pulled back onto the interstate where I had about twenty more miles to go. When I arrived and as I pulled into the parking lot, there she was, brightly shinning in the sunlight, she had on her Sunday-go-to-Church best on. I slowly walked up to her and as I approached, it was love at first sight. I walked all around her, following her curves with my hands around ther sides, back and front. Put my hands on her big round headlights was exhilarating. I then at a look at her engine, undercarriage. Opened her doors, inspected her interior and slid my legs in and between her steering wheel and I said WHOA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I could barely touch the pedals. I then noticed and was later confirmed, the back box had been removed and the seat had been adjusted back because the prior owner had been 6'2". That was corrected and put back in stock position. After that, it was a perfect length for her....and me. The back box and mohair cover will be fixed.

Her father came out with keys in hand and said "take her out" and boy did I. It took awhile and still it completely did not return to me the use of a clutch again, it had been years plus my left leg had deteriorate over the years. (had a run-in with some shrapnel in my younger years) Lot's of it is missing, been replaced and is hard to control clutches now but Sarah was gentle and understood.

So, off we went after following the proper start up procedure she kicked right over. My apprehension was for not. As I took her out, I whispered sweet things to her and she seems to react well as we went down the road.

Upon our return, I turned her off, ask her if she smoked, she said no, neither do I, so it was parting smiles as I slide out and back on solid grown.

Marriage papers were drawn up after discussing her dowry and she is coming to stay next week.

I am an official Model A owner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sarah and myself....................

View attachment 19847 View attachment 19848 View attachment 19849

Awesome! Sarah's a beauty! Congratulations.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner