Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Next Jacket?

Salv

One Too Many
Repro gab jackets

Going back a few days to the discussion of non-leather casual and work jackets: have the Euro members (BellyTank especially) seen the repro gabardine jackets from Dressorama in Berlin. There's a two-tone in brown and beige for ?¢‚Äö¬¨65
2tone.jpg

and a plain brown for ?¢‚Äö¬¨99.
stitched.jpg

I've got one of the two-tone jackets, and it's one of my favourite jackets at the moment. Here's a
list of European distributors.

rick5150

One of the Regulars
Haha, I know what you mean about bulletproof. You will get the urge to not wear your seatbelt - you will feel that invincible. Don't give in to that one though. ;)

I did notice that the my Highwayman is getting a light horizontal crease on the right side of the chest. It is only noticable on the right side and I was trying to figure out why. The G-1 style pocket is the culprit. The left side is not as noticable because the chest pocket facing.

There is something to be said about the zip sleeves. I love mine and I have just ordered another Highwayman. Once I get that one, I will be getting a lighter weight Highwayman - more than likely, the jerky horsehide with the lightest lining (silk?) that they have for spring/fall.

Mark Moye was excellent about sending samples out when I asked. I must have received 10 differerent leather samples, a half dozen lining samples, cuff samples etc.

Amanda was incredible about my nitpicky changes after placing the order. Even I was getting upset with me.

This jacket will last a lifetime. I have already made arrangements to be buried in mine.:)

Harry Lime

Suspended
You find the coolest stuff...

Salv said:
Going back a few days to the discussion of non-leather casual and work jackets: have the Euro members (BellyTank especially) seen the repro gabardine jackets from Dressorama in Berlin. There's a two-tone in brown and beige for ?¢‚Äö¬¨65
2tone.jpg

and a plain brown for ?¢‚Äö¬¨99.
stitched.jpg

I've got one of the two-tone jackets, and it's one of my favourite jackets at the moment. Here's a
list of European distributors.

Salv,

Another great link from you. You really search for and find cool things. Your tailor link was terrific as is this. Thank you.

Harry Lime

If you like this type of thing you should check out www.lostworldsinc.com. Stuart makes some gabardine cowboy shirts (some with available deerskin yokes) that are pretty incredible. He could probably do variations of these gab jackets as well - not that you need one, you have a cool one. Maybe he has something similar but different that you'd like.

Salv

One Too Many
Harry Lime said:
Salv,

Another great link from you. You really search for and find cool things. Your tailor link was terrific as is this. Thank you.

Harry Lime

If you like this type of thing you should check out www.lostworldsinc.com. Stuart makes some gabardine cowboy shirts (some with available deerskin yokes) that are pretty incredible. He could probably do variations of these gab jackets as well - not that you need one, you have a cool one. Maybe he has something similar but different that you'd like.

Thanks Harry, you are too kind - glad you like 'em. I'm not sure about cowboy shirts though. In England they tend to be worn by weekend cowboys, practising their quick draw in the mirror, and going to
Country & Western weekends. The Swinger jacket is very nice though, and I'm strangely drawn to the Kon-Tiki shirt too, but $165 is a lot - I must try to get some more overtime at work...

Harry Lime

Suspended
I had no idea...

I haven't spoke to the owner but I do like the jackets. Got my Lost Worlds on ebay. Really haven't even looked at the copy on the site very closely. Salv's image of the cowboy shirts in UK is a funny one. BT, question - aren't the Lost Worlds prices pretty comparable (after conversion to US dollars and import tax) to Aero and others? What are the best priced quality makers out there (other than ebay or decent vintage finds)?

Harry Lime

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Here's my latest...

Jkt_Frnt1.jpg

Jkt_Back1.jpg

Maybe not everyone's cup of chai and maybe not my absolute favourite style but it's an essential European classic to me and very, very vintage... a good price and a good size to boot-

More about LW later Harry- I've been away a coupla days, now in Snowy Stockholm for a white Christmas... and junk hunting... and catching up on the Lounge- 4 pages of new messages to peruse...

Merry Christmas!

B
T

Harry Lime

Suspended
I like it.

Nice jacket, very different. Any guess as to the vintage or origin? Looks like it could be goat. A jacket like that would look great with a turtleneck underneath it or a nice shirt and tie. Very cool. Merry Christmas, BT.:cheers1:

Harry Lime

BellyTank

I'll Lock Up
Well Harry-

...it's very German and quite a typical style from the '30s.

Many Luftwaffe fighter pilots of the late '30s and the Battle of Britain could be seen wearing this civilian style- before the zip-front and French Cycle jackets became more popular. The Luftwaffe didn't really have an 'issue' leather flight jacket until late-war. There are many variations of this 'double breasted' style- some with zip chest pockets and even zip sleeves- but with regards to flight jackets, the zip sleeves/cuffs could have been added...

Celebrated Luftwaffe Ace, Hans Joachim Marseilles wore a similar style...

marsaile3.jpg

hart1.jpg

B
T

Barry

Practically Family
Salv said:
2tone.jpg

and a plain brown

Salv,

Which distributor in did you go to? I'm trying to find that 2-Tone Gab jacket and having a heck of a hard time getting a response from the shops that carry it.

Thanks,
Barry

Salv

One Too Many
Barry said:
Salv,

Which distributor in did you go to? I'm trying to find that 2-Tone Gab jacket and having a heck of a hard time getting a response from the shops that carry it.

Thanks,
Barry

I got mine from Rockers England - they ship to the US but they only have small and medium sizes at the moment.

Good luck with the hunt.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ivan24