Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My re-creation of a late 20's or early 30's fedora using a 1950's beater fedora

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
skyvue said:
But one never really knows how much one has lost by. The winning bidder could have bid 100 dollars higher than you, but you'd never know it, since the system only bids what's necessary to beat your bid.

That is very true skyvue, I just hate to think that I could actually loose an auction by so little.

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
scottyrocks said:
Nice job. Do you have any pics of the old version on yer noggin?

Hey Scotty. Heres some pics of the original hat on my noggin.

DSC03216.jpg

DSC03217.jpg

DSC03213.jpg

Joshbru3

I'll Lock Up
ScionPI2005 said:
That's an amazing transformation! Well done! :eusa_clap
DesertDan said:
My compliments as well Joshbru3, you really transformed that from a clunker in to a sports car! Well done sir. :eusa_clap

Thank you very much ScionPI2005 & DesertDan. It took a lot of work, but Im pretty happy with the result despite my mixed feelings about the crown height. Im most happy about the ribbon.

Yeps

Call Me a Cab
It looks really good (especially the ribbon) but I actually prefer the original brim and bash. But it is your hat, and you did a really good job. You wear it well.

Joshbru3 said:
Hey thanks for the pics mayserwegener. I really like that hat. I dont think Ive ever seen one vintage Hückel that I didnt like. They all seem to be works of art and that one is especially a beauty. What does the crown measure on that one?

Its around 4 1/2 inches creased. I have a couple of old Hückel's in that height range but they have moderate ribbon widths (similar to this one or a bit narrower).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HughGDePoo