Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Repaired H&L Block AN6552

South9407

New in Town
gonna try this again

Attachments

• IMG_1849.jpg
    IMG_1849.jpg
    551.2 KB · Views: 385
Last edited:

Stand By

One Too Many
Wow. I'd be thrilled to own that - looks beautiful! Nicely done!
And what a beautiful patina. Could be too nice to be hidden away in a wardrobe. I'd want to see it every day.

South9407

New in Town
HoosierDaddy, Thanks.
It was my first purchase from ebay about 15 years ago. Collar was replaced by Shaul Dover at US Authentic. He did a great job matching it. Shaul also replaced the period cuffs/waistband and NOS Talon zipper that I sent him. He was unable to save the original lining so he replaced it with one that they put their G-1's. Not the same color lining as the original but he did copy the old lining down to the pleat in the middle of the lining that the H&L Block AN6552's are known for.
Thanks for the reply!
Glenn

South9407

New in Town
bn1966, I appreciate it! I am getting more photos downloaded. I just had my Willis and Geiger M-422A repaired also and I want to post pics of that one too.

South9407

New in Town
Stand By, Thanks!
I am very thrilled to finally have it repaired and wearable after all these years. I heard that having your jackets hanging in the closet on a hanger could damage the shoulders. So now it is laying flat on our dining room table. My wife is not a happy camper...

thor

Call Me a Cab
Great jacket! Looks like Shaul did a very nice job with the replacement knits and collar. I didn't know he had access to replacement mouton in that nice mid/light brown color. Congrats on the cool jacket. Wear it in good health!

chamboid

One of the Regulars
Very nice, one of my favorite makers Block, lovely fit and picket shape. Have two of these, on I need to restore as well. If only someone copied this jacket so I could get the labels. Infamously delicate the Black labels.

Here's one I picked up recently in very good original condition but a little weak in the shoulders.

Stand By

One Too Many
Stand By, Thanks!
I am very thrilled to finally have it repaired and wearable after all these years. I heard that having your jackets hanging in the closet on a hanger could damage the shoulders. So now it is laying flat on our dining room table. My wife is not a happy camper...

Light-to-moderate flak is temporary. The jacket is forever. :)

South9407

New in Town
Great jacket! Looks like Shaul did a very nice job with the replacement knits and collar. I didn't know he had access to replacement mouton in that nice mid/light brown color. Congrats on the cool jacket. Wear it in good health!
Thor, Thanks again! Funny, more research revealed that it is actually an M422a. USN in very,very faded yellow on back of collar. Original owner or military personnel exiting the jacket out of service blacked the letters out. Still slightly visible in the right light.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusa80