Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My Vintage Car Aquisition Odyssey

PADDY

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
My word!! you don't do things in half measures!!!!

That is one beautiful bird you have there. Absolutely pristine my friend. Think I might just be working up to a trip to Dublin to see this and then head up north to see the folks in Belfast!!
It must be like waiting for Santa to come when you are six-years-old!!!:eusa_clap

Pilgrim

One Too Many
Wonderful car, and a real time capsule! Take good care of it.

Interesting to note that it's a '41 and has no runing boards.

My first car was a 1940 Chevy, and it still had running boards. I heard that 1940 was the last year for running boards on Chevrolets, and it appears that it may also have been the last year for other GM makes.

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
scotrace said:
Did you get any paper with it? Owner's manual, dealer booklets, etc.? I found that stuff to be great fun to gather.

Got the original owner's book, lots of info re the servicing that had been done every year. It's sweet.

:D

Mr. 'H'

Call Me a Cab
Pilgrim said:
Wonderful car, and a real time capsule! Take good care of it.

Interesting to note that it's a '41 and has no runing boards.

My first car was a 1940 Chevy, and it still had running boards. I heard that 1940 was the last year for running boards on Chevrolets, and it appears that it may also have been the last year for other GM makes.

Yes the boards are there but they are hidden from view. You can see the running board when the door is ajar:

Buick1941052.jpg

Benny Holiday

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Happy cruising Mr H

They haven't yet invented words superlative enough to describe your new mechanical sweetheart. She's a work of sheer beauty. Class all the way. Clean? Pristine? Such words just don't do your '41 Buick justice.

Sounds great, doesn't it? Your Buick. Not that I ever need reminding, but your photos reignite my admiration for this fine marque of automobile all over again. And the photo of the museum of Buicks . . . a vintage wonderland!

matei

One Too Many
Congratulations Mr. H, on your marvelous acquisition, a plan well executed and a wonderful story as well.

The car is a beauty, and I'm sure that it will make motoring in and around Dublin a lot more enjoyable! You'll surely be king of the road with that fab machine!

Wild Root

Gone Home
I knew it would happen!

Mr. H, I'm so happy that you got this car, you'll enjoy it and take good care of it I'm sure! What a rare and special car that is... and you know what, '41 was an excellent year in car design and engineering! All the cars made in '41 were special, it was known as the last full model year! '41 Buick’s are very lovely and the color and everything is just so pretty! The steering wheel is flawless... it's so beautiful... take the best care of that car, she's a real gem!

I'm so happy for you Mr. H, I just knew soon as you took a ride in my '46 you'd get the bug and find your self a nice car! And you did!

Good job friend, I can't wait to come and visit some time!

=WR=

matei

One Too Many
NCT?

Hey Mr. H,

Out of curiosity... does your new ride have to pass the NCT, or would it be exempt as an historical car?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biker uk