Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My western conversion, Early Adam Executive, and Lock

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
Here's my Bailey in Bone that was a 4x western up until a few hours ago:
abailey.jpg

abailey1.jpg

The ribbon looks black here but is actually Greyhound and looks sort of bluish in certain light. It is supposed to be from the mid 19th century.

The pistol is a 1903 Colt made in 1923.

Here is my Eary '40's Adam Executive Club:

adam.jpg

And here is my Made in England Lock:

alock.jpg

The pistol here is a Springfield 1911A1.

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
Thanks!

I forgot to mention that the Bailey was cut down from a 4.5 inch to a 3 and 1/16th brim. I basically eyeballed it, cutting off a small amount at a time, and sanded the high spots. Took awhile but I like the hat much better now.

A 4 1/2-inch brim on that Western? Wow. Good to make something more wearable out of it, eh?

Westerns make good learnin' material, seeing how they're considerably more plentiful (and therefore less expensive) than old "city" hats, and because there's so much material in most of them that you can usually get a tall crown and as much brim as you want.

I'm really diggin' that Adam. I'd like to see a close-up of that edge binding. Looks like 12-ligne ribbon with two rows of stitching. Can't say I've ever seen one quite like it before.

Where'd you find it?

ALL*HeLL

New in Town
I got the Adam off of Ebay from a guy in Portland, Oregon. It even has the remnants of the price tag and says McLoughlin's Dept. store on the sweat.

This is the unreeded sweat that needs restitching, btw.

I'll see if I can get a better pic up for you tonight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R_P_Meldner