Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "Wonderful" Life

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thanks guys!! I will not allow myself to be put in the same situations at my new place. Sometimes being the nice guy is not beneficial. I will never change who I am, but I am determined to make this new gig work! I refuse to be bullied anymore. I don't think that's what they are all about, but I will lay out the ground rules early!

Carl Miller

One of the Regulars
FANTASTIC news, flat-top! I couldn't be happier for you. Enjoy the rest of your week with the family and relish the fact that you wont have to go back to that hell hole.

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
I haven't been here in a couple of days, and was just now going to recommend Mr. Hallack's suggestion but with a small tape recorder.

I am so happy that both of your problems have been rectified. It truly is like something out of a movie. Congrats and all the best.

vitanola

I'll Lock Up
It simply incredible how crazy life can be and how things can change in an instant. I can't believe that I am even typing this, but I got a job offer today and accepted!!! It's MORE money and LESS hours!! I submitted my resignation with no notice (that company does not accept 2 week notices. Shocking, huh?) and I start the new job on Monday!!!!!! My staff was in tears, but they totally support me and understand.
I really want to thank my Fedora Lounge family for all your positive vibes and support. This little thread saw me go from the lowest of lows to my current state of euphoria. It all happened so quickly, but when you are so far down, you really can't see any glimmer of hope.
Well you guys did, and I thank you with all my heart!

That is simply marvelous!

Wish you all the best in your new position, OM!

MikeBravo

One Too Many
Get out!

tumblr_lf17tcqtyz1qeg4czo1_5001.png

Last edited:
Great news!
Been praying for you flat-top.
I had been in a terrible..seemingly hopeless work situation years ago. Came home for a two week Christmas vacation which was ruined with the everyday dread of going back. So bad with that sick gut feeling of no way out. On returning..out of the blue..an upper management friend rescued me simply because he appreciated how I treated others. Later I found out that there were those who were concerned as well and also influenced decisions. I believe to this day that it was all because I did treat others as I would like to be treated..even if I sometimes took the fall. I retired 13 yrs ago after 34 yrs with that corp. Keep the faith flat-top and never allow youself to develope a hard edge no matter what. ;)
HD

Mr. Hallack

One of the Regulars
Congratulations Flatop!! :D That is simply awesome!!, Don't know what else to say except I am very happy for you, as is everyone else here. Any interesting commentary or reactions from your idiot management when you put in your resignation?

May everything go great with your new job!!

Tango Yankee

Call Me a Cab
:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Congratulations!!!

(I had a whole row of applause going, but due to site limitations I had to settle for 10!)

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Thank you!!! Today is the first worry free day I've had in months!! I can only imagine what is happening at my former workplace.......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925