Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "Wonderful" Life

Undertow

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Wow! My goodness that is great news. I've been folllowing this thread and biting my nails. I'm just SO glad this has worked out for you.

You're a good parent for hanging in there for the family, and you're a good person for trudging forward through this. Sounds like it didn't just rain, but poured on you.

Btw, it's awesome to see the flood of awesome coming from the Lounge. This place may have it's foibles, but we really are a good crowd.

sheeplady

I'll Lock Up
Bartender
Oh I've already gotten reports! The supervisor showed up and told my staff that I "abandoned them". Meanwhile, even though they will miss me, they are so happy for me.

What an abusive jerk. Idiots like that shouldn't be supervisors. The best thing you can do for your former staff is that if new opportunities come up (in your new work or elsewhere) let them know and put in a good word, which I am sure you will. It seems like you care for your staff like family, but you moving on is the best thing you can do for yourself and for them.

O2BSwank

One of the Regulars
I am so glad that things are turning around for you. I respect a man that places the needs of his family first. If you are not a fan of 'The Art of Manliness" you might take a look. I followed a link from here and have become hooked. Besides all the fun stuff there is a focus on the really important values in our lives. Although I'm an old guy now ,I still enjoy thinking and reflecting on my life so far, and what I can do right now to become an even better man in the future. Best of luck!

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
Oh I've already gotten reports! The supervisor showed up and told my staff that I "abandoned them". Meanwhile, even though they will miss me, they are so happy for me.

Abandoned them? Abandoned them from what? Or whom? The boss? That says even more about the moronity of said boss.

Your staff knows the story.

To infinity, and beyond!

flat-top

Abandoned them? Abandoned them from what? Or whom? The boss? That says even more about the moronity of said boss.

Your staff knows the story.

To infinity, and beyond!

This is their standard method:

First they come in after the frustrated employee leaves and they discredit them to the staff. check

Then the same staff that they were berating a day earlier is now coddled, and are told that nothing that happened is their fault, it's the fault of the bad manager that abandoned them. check

Then finally, "heavy hitters" from around the company come in to "clean up your mess". They laugh and joke about what a horrible job you did. Unlimited payroll hours are given and the place is back to its old self in a few days.This is supposedly happening on Monday

This is what happened step by step to a close friend of mine who left the company in the same fashion, and almost under the same exact circumstances.

Last edited:

Weston

A-List Customer
What a roller coaster ride, FT! I came in to encourage you, but the man upstairs is looking out for you.

In all seriousness, may God bless you and keep you in your new situation. So pleased to hear things are better.

flat-top

I'm a fighter by nature. I'm never one to just give up. I honestly had no fight left in me after months of physical and mental fatigue, followed by the verbal beatings.
Finding a new and better job so quickly is the best revenge I could have had. Somone else will now benefit from my experience and my work ethic.

And thank you all for your continued support!!:D

Last edited:

scottyrocks

I'll Lock Up
This is their standard method:

First they come in after the frustrated employee leaves and they discredit them to the staff. check

Then the same staff that they were berating a day earlier is now coddled, and are told that nothing that happened is their fault, it's the fault of the bad manager that abandoned them. check

Then finally, "heavy hitters" from around the company come in to "clean up your mess". They laugh and joke about what a horrible job you did. Unlimited payroll hours are given and the place is back to its old self in a few days.This is supposedly happening on Monday

This is what happened step by step to a close friend of mine who left the company in the same fashion, and almost under the same exact circumstances.

Sounds like an asylum for the passive-aggressive.

flat-top

Sounds like an asylum for the passive-aggressive.

My wife and kid were actually mentioned during some of these sessions with my supervisor, how I'd better get get my act together because I have them to support etc. It was this hiorrible job that was keeping from ever seeing them. There is the allusion that the employees need the company, NOT the other way around, so we should stand by and get abused. I got my new job in a matter of days proving that I didn't need them at all. I'm sure that's infuriating them the most.

ScionPI2005

Call Me a Cab
There is the allusion that the employees need the company, NOT the other way around, so we should stand by and get abused.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the way a lot of places are these days. Especially with the economy. I'm so glad you were able to get a new job so quickly. Recently, I spent well over a year actively seeking a new job, and it took me the entire time to finally find one.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Antonio925