Want to buy or sell something? Check the classifieds
  • The Fedora Lounge is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

My "Wonderful" Life

Nikki

New in Town
Chiming in rather late here, but may I ask if you ever filed complaints with your state's labor board? It won't help you now but it might keep someone from walking in your shoes in the future.

I'm truly sorry for the identity theft. I've been a victim and I've worked in the field and I think that gives me a unique perspective. This advice might be late but I encourage you to get a copy of your credit report from Experian, Equifax and Transunion companies. Go through it very carefully and question everything on it. The good news in that is you often get old items taken off of your reports.

As for where the theft first happened I can only guess that you shop online. A lot of online companies have a horrible record of identity theft and none of them care to admit it happens on their site. The best advice I can give everyone is to buy a pre paid gift card such as Visa for online shopping. I shop online more than I care to confess and if my online purchase is forty five dollars that's all I have on my card. The pre paid card isn't safer from theft and if that card number is stolen it's not attached to your bank account. If you're paying bills online I urge you to reconsider that practice. Paypal is not as theft proof as the company would have you believe. It's just as easy to call in payments or go into an office. I still go into the offices of my electric and cable companies.

It's good to see that things are looking up for you, Flat Top. I think at some point everyone stays in a horrible job because they need to survive. I know I have. Please let me know if I've been of any help.

Last edited:

flat-top

My Mail is Forwarded Here
Nikki you've been a great help!
I've never gone to the Labor Board; my former supervisor is known for being "tough". Perhaps I'm too sensitive....not really. But someone else who left after me is sending a pretty hard hitting complaint letter to the corporate office, exposing how "tough" is really "abusive".
And Paypal is really the only online payment service I use. I think I figured out where the theft happened. Let's just say that in the future, if someone has to walk away with my credit card to run it through, I'll be paying cash instead.
I'm happy to have moved on with my life. It took going through hell to find what I didn't even know was out there.
Now I work a normal shift, put on my cap and hop on the bus, feeling good about my day. Get home and sit down to dinner with my family. My little world is back in order. I still have worries and responsibilites, but that ever- present impending doom is just gone.

Benny Holiday

That's the point really, isn't it - modern living imposes enough responsibilities, worries and burdens upon us as it is, without some petty tyrant adding to the everyday stress of rising bills, high mortgages, overcrowded cities and chaotic traffic. There's just no call for it. Glad to hear things are back on an even kel for you Flat-Top.

Last edited:

flat-top

Some interesting revelations yesterday! I ran into my former company's Regional Loss Prevention Manager. We had a great relationship, and she cried when I told her of my experiences. Never knowing who's aligned with who, I was careful not to badmouth my former supervisor. But boy oh boy, SHE did. With us no longer being co-workers, she let the floodgates open and told me some of the crazy antics that the supervisor has been up to, both dishonest and abusive.
She begged me to write a letter to the corporate office. Not for my job back (I would never go back), but just to share my experiences.

Last edited:

AmateisGal

I'll Lock Up
Some interesting revelations yesterday! I ran into my former company's Regional Loss Prevention Manager. We had a great relationship, and she cried when I told her of my experiences. Never knowing who's aligned with who, I was careful not to badmouth my former supervisor. But boy oh boy, SHE did. With us no longer being co-workers, she let the floodgates open and told me some of the crazy antics that the supervisor has been up to, both dishonest and abusive.
She begged me to wtite a letter to the corporate office. Not for my job back (I would never go back), but just to share my experiences.

I think you should. This supervisor needs to go.

flat-top

vintage26.jpg

Thanks sheeplady!
My bank is Chase. The Fraud Department did not want to speak to me on the phone "because of how strange this situation is" (their words), so I have been directed to go to my local branch in person today and rehash the entire story, and then it will be up to them to file a claim. The only thing in my favor is that I am friendly with my branch manager so hopefully she has enough pull to get this thing going.
Feeling like a failure in life is hard enough, but then being made to feel that I was somehow responsible for this theft is just a little much.

Try a Turn it around on them - keep suggesting that it was someone at Chase helping the thieves gain access when it wasn't warrented..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ayanda